They got me good

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by oneyankfan1, Jul 31, 2014.

1. oneyankfan1

oneyankfan1 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Wichita, Ks
    I recently moved, and setup a moving ticket with directv. I had about 4 months left on my current contract. They told me initally that it would cost in the neighborhood of 600 dollars to do the move, (because I wanted to get 4 wireless genies that would go with my main wired genie box and 2 wired genies, I had 1 main genie box and 3 wired genies before moving) the more I thought about it, the more I got peeved. I called back to see if they would lower that price, they told me no to start, so I got more angry and told them I wanted to buy out the rest of my contract and get service else where, they imediately transfered me to another department. They told me they would lower my fee to around 400 dollars and give me the NFL sunday ticket for free with my move. I know about the NFL sunday ticket and love it, I know that you get it the first year for free and the second year you have to pay or cancel, so this imediately raised a red flag when they said it would be free, which I was specific on and asked the retail value, to which they told me 330 dollars, which made me even more happy/sceptical. I began to think about it and it made sense because I started a 2 year contract over and thought its just like a new install, and thought I was getting a good deal, and thought no more about it.
    THEN........I get my bill - and they are charging me for the NFL sunday ticket. I got pissed and called. They told me that the rep who took my called entered into the system that i was getting the NFL sunday ticket max for free with a purchase of the NFL sunday ticket, which the NFL sunday ticket is 240 dollars and the NFL sunday ticket max is 90 dollars (240 + 90 = 330 HMMMMM?). I went round and round with them and told them that they need to honor what they said, they of course said they wouldn't. The best they said they would do is offer me 8 dollars off the sunday ticket per month, and give me the max for free (which i dont even want). I told them I want to have a copy my recorded call, and thats when I found out laws regarding the "this call may be recorded for quality purposes" SCAM. I was told that due to the call containing "proprietary" information they couldnt give me a copy. So I filed a complaint with the Better Buisness Bureu, the Federal Trade Commision, and my states Attorney General. (not that i think it will help but whatever)
    My point is this, when they record you - record those bastards right back, catch them lying, and get it on tape ( I know I will next time), I went on line and found that I'm not alone in this, it has happened to alot of people, so buyer beware, and dont trust them get it on tape, because even with the name, the confrimation number, time and date, they wont care or believe you.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    First.... ID never have more than three mini genies on an account unless you never use more then four tvs at a time.

Second. You need to email the office of the president. The bbb is a completely joke and pure crap. The Ftc or attorney general, doubtful theyd do anything but you went there before you should have IMHO. The office for president is the group who can fix this.

Follow the link in my sig to tips and resources and there's a link to their email address and web page form to write to them.

Be kind and firm and in sure they'll take care of you.

3. oneyankfan1

oneyankfan1 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Wichita, Ks
    I have that many for guests and because i have two entertaiment rooms, and watch tv in different places all the time, as i know the recievers are limited to like 4 total, so i dont use them all at once.
    Thank you i contacted them and will see what they say. I appriciate your input.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    So there's no question, you can only have three minis running out of the six at any one time. The fourth is the Genie itself.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There seems to be some thing being left out here. First, NFL ST is free with a mover's order. Also you are entitled to a free mover's AFTER you have been with DirecTV® for 12 months, which you have. At most, the 3 Genies minis wireless with the WVB should have been $396.00 plus tax, but if your account i sin good standing you are most likely able to get some good discounts on the hardware, soo... :shrug:

6. Aug 1, 2014 #6 of 17
    oneyankfan1

oneyankfan1 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Wichita, Ks
    I know, I thought the same way you do, but apparently its not, I just wanted to point out to everyone that they should record what dtv says and/or get it in wrinting.

7. Aug 2, 2014 #7 of 17
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You won't get it in writing from a CSR. Recording the conversation is a good idea. Play it back for the Retention folks and you may get somewhere.

I have nothing but good things to say about the folks in Retention.

Rich

1 person likes this.
  8. Aug 2, 2014 #8 of 17
    oneyankfan1

oneyankfan1 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Wichita, Ks
    I recieved an email back saying that the office of the prsident that said they were trying to get a hold of me by phone. I called back and spoke with the most helpful person to date. She was very helpful and understanding, she said she will personaly trace the recorded calls down and listen to them and get back with me. This will be great because the retention csr told me those things and she said if they did they will honor it, she also said that they will discuss this with the csr and use it for training purposes, which hopfuly will go towards keeping this happening to someone else again.

9. Aug 3, 2014 #9 of 17
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Did you tell that person that you've started this thread on the forum? They know about us and that might have helped.

Rich

10. oneyankfan1

oneyankfan1 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Wichita, Ks
    No but I guess I could when I talk to her, but everything is already in motion and i dont think it will matter at this point.

11. oneyankfan1

oneyankfan1 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Wichita, Ks
    Yesterday the saga ended. I was in contact with the office of the president, (by the way thanks inkahauts great advice) the lady i was dealing with recieved transcripts from a third party company that deals with the calls, and she confirmed what I have said all along, she ended up giving me the NFL sunday ticket for free, and my bill was reduced to 99 dollars a month for 6 months like the retention department said. She appolgized and made me happy with everything, so once again Directv is in my good graces. She allso said she will personally handle my account for the next 6 months, and make sure the CSR is aware of the mistake.

3 people like this.
  12. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Good for you! I hate when I am told something then it is denied I was told that.

13. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Awesome. Thanks for the update.

14. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    No problem, Im just glad it all worked out well for you!

1 person likes this.
  15. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    Now that's some special treatment! :righton: :up:

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    That's different. Usually it's "Awesome Dude". Just a little padding.

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Deservedly so. The way people are treated by the CSRs certainly called for that. Now if they'd just train the CSRs properly...

Rich