1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They keep sending my bil to the wrong email addy..!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by saleen351, Dec 12, 2008.

1. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    3 times now! I changed my email from gmail to yahoo months ago and they keep sending it to the yahoo...

My account has gmail
    On their end it's gmail

but they keep sending it to yahoo! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

anyone have this problem?

2. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Hall Of Fame

Nov 8, 2006
    Delray...
    Cancel the yahoo account so it gets kicked back to them. Then when they charge you say you didn't know about the charge since you didn't get the email.

Or have them mail you the bills.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You just stated that you changed FROM gmail TO yahoo. So what's the problem? :D

I assume you meant it the other way around.

4. idigg

idigg Legend

May 8, 2008
    Yep, it's obviously user error. When I got married and my wife started doing the bills, I put her email in instead, and she gets them, not me. USER ERROR :lol:

5. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Yes that's a typo :)

But they have to "escalate" the issue to fix it...

6. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Call them. 1-800-DirecTV

Expect that it may take three separate calls to get it done, but eventually you'll get to someone with the proper training and a willingness to update their system.

7. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    I signed up for AT&T and my email address was "recycled" and I was receiving someonelse's bill, I called D* and told them and they said there was nothing they could do until the original person corrected it. after about a year the original person finally changed their account info.

8. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I had a similar issue with my AT&T DSL e-mail address. I don't use it (I have my own hosted website with its own e-mail address) but I was checking it periodically and I'd find some guy's natural gas bill. I e-mailed the utility and they said the same thing - only the account holder can change it online. So, I called back and said that I had lost my password and asked that it be e-mailed to me. I was then able to login to the account and remove the bad e-mail address.