Thinking of switching to Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by PJens25, Oct 20, 2018.

1. PJens25

PJens25 New Member

Oct 20, 2018
    Hello.. So I've been with DTV for 10 years and I'm thinking of switching. Tired of not getting PAC12 network the service has just gone downhill since ATT buyout.
    So, currently I have 6 TV's. One Genie DVR, and Two HD DVR, plus 2 satellite Genies, and 1 normal HD box.
    I have 2 4K TV's as well.
    One very important piece to me is I use my HD DVR and normal HD box in my RV when I take it out and everything always works.
    I'm not very familiar with Dish hardware, so looking for advise on types of hardware I should look at and tactics for ordering new service.
    Also, can anyone confirm I will be able to use my hardware in my RV with no issues or additional charges?

Thanks!

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    what is that ? details, please

3. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    What sat antenna do you have on the RV?

4. PJens25

PJens25 New Member

Oct 20, 2018
    I know i'll need to switch out my RV dish. I run the Winegard Traveler, but it's only configured for DTV. I'll need to sell it and go with a new dish or dome for Dish. I was curious to know if I had a Wally for one of the TV's in the house (our guest house) if I can take that with me and use it my RV without any issues from Dish. I'm assuming they don't care...just don't want to get charged.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    it's all over the forum … yes, you can

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
  7. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
  8. PJens25

PJens25 New Member

Oct 20, 2018
    Thanks all.. saved me hours of searching the forums. That's exactly how I like to roll for others as well. Very helpful.