1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Switching...

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by spykedvodka, Feb 15, 2006.

1. spykedvodka

spykedvodka Legend

Jan 31, 2006
    What all does XM have to offer??? I have sirius and I loved it until FoxNews disappeared and now when my prepaid time runs out in May I am thinking of switching.

I like BuzzSaw, Octane, and FoxNews. In fact I bought this set because of FoxNews so after I leave my home/office, I could listen to it in my car. My wife likes Universo Latino or whatever, she is mexican (modern spanish music).

will I be happy if I switch to XM Radio because of losing FoxNews. This is the main reason why I signed up for Sirius like I stated.

And this is the official reply to the e-mail I sent them about Fox News Channel on Sirius:

Dear David,

We appreciate your concerns about the News programming on SIRIUS. At
    this time, SIRIUS and Fox News remain in negotiations. We understand the
    frustration this has caused, and are dedicated to providing an
    unparalleled variety of programming on our more than 50 channels of
    world-class news, sports, talk, and entertainment channels.

We continually rely on customer feedback like yours and are forwarding
    your comments to the appropriate programming team for consideration and
    will update you as soon as possible in regard to the status of Fox News
    on SIRIUS.

To view the status of Fox News on SIRIUS, please visit our website at
    www.sirius.com/WHATSONSIRIUS for our current line-up and updates. For
    your convenience, SIRIUS Customer Care is available 24 hours a day, 7
    days a week at:

1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

As well as by e-mail at:

www.sirius.com/customercare

Sincerely,

Greg M
    SIRIUS Customer Care

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    It depends on what you like and what you want from a satellite radio service. Sports Play by Play, Sports Talk, Political Talk, News, Extreme Talk, Humor, Music.

Here's a copy/paste of a run down I did on DBSForums. Hope it helps, if not ask away :)

3. Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    Sirius Radio carrys "Cam and Company" on Sirius Patriot 144 which is produced by NRA-News, the only pro-second amendment news outlet.

4. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    As someone that has both XM and Sirius I have to say that I like my Sirius service alot better than XM.

And this is coming from someone who has had XM from the day they started selling their service. I have had Sirius for about 6 months and have enjoyed listening to it more. I hardly ever listen to the XM anymore I have mostly kept it around to hear NASCAR racing and it will be switching soon to Sirius so I dont know if I will keep the XM after that.

5. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Sirius blew most of their operating income on Howard Stern. That leaves alot less cash for things like FoxNews. Unless you just must have Stern, come on over to XM. The sound quality is better and best of all, it has FoxNews.

BTW, I do listen to Sirius channels thru Dish and there are many I like (no more and no less than XM). The FoxNews thing, though, is a definate deal breaker. I have issues with a company that would blindly pay Stern over half-a Billion $$'s yet pinch pennies with the #1 rated cable news channel.

6. spykedvodka

spykedvodka Legend

Jan 31, 2006
    LtMunst, with that comparison sheet that Steve posted it seems like Sirius wins 9 - 1. The only thing it's missing is Fox News (then it'd be 10 - 1). The big thing is Spanish Channels... How does Sirius and XM compete with those???

To me, I like Sirius, and I don't want to swith...the deal breaker though maybe Fox News though. My question is... Is Opie and Anthony as lame as Howard Stern says they are every single day???

7. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Yeah, they Suck.

8. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002

if you dont like them dont listen

they are 2 different shows

9. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Well David I guess this thread is moot now since Fox News and Fox News Talk and coming to Sirius.

BTW - Saying 'They Suck' does nothing. It's just like me saying 'Opie & Anthony Rule'. O&A along with Norton are very funny IMO. They're not hacks, their listeners add a lot to the show and they come up with some very interesting, funny and original bits. My favorite radio show of all time.

O&A Party Rock!

10. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    no no no no no gurrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

ramone ramone :D

11. chicagofilms

chicagofilms New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Fox News is returning to Sirius. Them leaving had nothing to do with Sirius spending money on stern, they left on their own.

In fact, Fox News and Fox News Talk will both be on March 14. Ch. 131 & 145

12. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    I listened, decided I didn't like, now I don't listen. I was asked for my opinion and I gave it.

If you don't like what I wrote, don't read it. :)

13. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    They just decided to leave? It had nothing to do with money? ;)

14. spykedvodka

spykedvodka Legend

Jan 31, 2006
    Well I'm staying with Sirius since Fox is back. They only had 6 weeks to make up their mind and they did it in time.