This is really killing me (not our gear!)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - AM21 Discussion (private)' started by tfederov, Feb 23, 2008.

1. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    If I read one more time about someone refusing an install because the receiver is an HR21 and not an HR20 I'm gonna just lose it (over here :D). What part of "it's coming soon" is so difficult to understand? I mean it could be a couple of months away but it exists (we've seen it at CES), Earl says it's coming, and it has a sticker price!

Where is the disconnect!?!!?

Rant over.... :)

2. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Oh where to begin. :)

People want everything yesterday, they want it for free and to work perfectly from the get go.

They think they are better then everyone else and the world revolves around them. Everyone else is there to serve them and only them.

Narcissim at its finest.:(

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I actually deleted my reply to the "crippled" DVR comment.

I tis very irritating.

4. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I also agree that people want everything right now and they think the world revolves around them!
    I get so tired of reading about the am21 and the lack there of the ota tuners on the HR21 that i stop reading them it almost sounds like my mother complaining to me when i was a child.
    when i see threads about it i use to say be patient and it will come, now i just ignore them they make me crazy when i read them
    Its not a crippled DVR its a great one.
    If they are looking for Tivo then they should go to cable its not tivo, its better in my opinion not to ruffle any feathers i liked my Tivo to, but now that i have switched i dont know that i could go back.

rant done for me

5. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Well I have to disagree some.. It all depends on what you have availible in your area.. For me without OTA would mean no NBCHD at all (my #1 watched chanel)
    If I was a new coustomer signing up and they told me "sometime soon" I would not be ordering at all.. Got to remember "soon" was used to describe the HR20 (waited almost a year for it) and the SWM (coming up on a year)
    I know we all know it will truely be here in the next month or so but the general masses don't realy have any definate date..
    By the way that was one of the reasons I turned down the H21 test invite (no OTA and not a dvr combination was a killer for me)

6. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    People have been complaining here? I didn't know that. That is news to me. :p

7. VLaslow

VLaslow Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I do remember that I canceled an HR21-700 install because, at that time, there was no indication what/or when the solution was going to be for OTA and PBS was very important to me.

After the CES notes were published, it clearly wasn't going to be an issue so I proceeded with the install (now, even less of an issue for those of us in this thread).

But, I knew my options, spoke my piece, and that was the end of it.

8. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Your positive story for the day - :D

My parents just upgraded to HD yesterday, got an HR21-200 and love it. Never used OTA before and still don't. The HR21 was up and running without an issue and the installer pegged the new sats. Perfect install and great installers.

9. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I totally understand and appreciate that reasoning. For a while, WFAA (ABC, owned by Belo in Texas) wasn't part of DIRECTV's HD locals and I didn't know when it would be. If I were a regular or even a lurker though on these boards and was about to get DIRECTV, knowing that the AM21 was relatively close I would probably accept the install of the HR21.