THR-22 stops responding

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by bldxyz, Apr 1, 2012.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz AllStar

Aug 18, 2006
    About a half- dozen times now, my THR-22 will stop responding to the remote or the front panel.

Twice, I've experienced this while watching a show. Right now, in fact, I'm watching a recording and nothing happens when I press a key on the remote. The front panel will blink, as if it recognizes that the remote is being pressed, but nothing will break this non- response mode short if pressing the reset button and going through the reset procedure.

Another way it has happened is when I've done something innocuous, like press the Menu button. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Is this common, or some sort of defective unit?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Possible IR remote interference? Do the front panel buttons work when it's "frozen"?

3. bldxyz

bldxyz AllStar

Aug 18, 2006
    Nope. No response from front panel, either.

It's happening right now, with a different pattern: I was trying to tune in 624 - SportsMix for the free preview, and then I pressed the TiVo button. The screen became blue with the TiVo logo, upper left, and the series of light bulbs fading into the background. But again, no response to remote or front panel buttons, and nothing is happening.

Strange part is that when it happened last night, I just left it. In the morning, it was fine.

But right now, it's been stuck for ten minutes. I may reset it but I'm sort of curious how long it'll be frozen for.