Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by Stuart Sweet, Nov 30, 2011.
Adding? 018A is the original software update. There haven't been any new updates yet.
What's the difference between the 0178 that the thr22-100 ships with and the 0x18A.
Factory vs Production.
Exactly. 0178 probably had some bug reporting features and it probably wasn't intended for national release.
Factory FW burning during production and all manufacturer's tests built for the version.
Just wanted to know if I can find my dtivo service # on the rear of the box or only in the service menu.on my hughes sd-dvr80 it's listed on the back as being 351.It's said that for the thr22-100,the service code is 627.i'm new to this.thx.
Is there a way to do the 30skip command on the thr22-100?
Is there a way to get the on-screen clock the old TiVo units had ? The old S-P-S-9-S code doesn't work
They removed Kidzone.
Those old S-P-S codes don't work for the THR22.
So, who are asked for new version of FW ?!
Take it !
??? Isn't 0x018A the version that they all have?
Yeah, right .
We have two THR22s, my wife uses them both (I Have an HR23 for my stuff). One of them works fine. The other, in the bedroom, has lipsync issues with all channels it seems. I never noticed it, but that's cause I usually don't watch any TV in the bedroom. My wife says she can live with it, but it's bugging the crap out of me. I tried a reboot, no change. Any ideas? I saw DTV's "help" page on lipsync, totally worthless (rewind 5 secs and then hit FF to catch up). Didn't work. I can get it closer by nudging back with slo-mo while on pause. But that's no good if you are using the DVR to advance after a commercial. Anyway, anyone have any thoughts? I might ask for a replacement box, cause it could be a hardware deal, since the other one works fine and using the same multi-switch.
I seem to remember lipsync issues can be caused by HDMI "incompatibilities". If you have that TV connected by HDMI, you might want to try a different HDMI cable or using component instead.
Thanks, appreciate it. I do have it hooked up via HDMI, and I think I have a spare cable. I'd hate to have to use clunky component again, but if I have to, I can do that too. The TV is wall mounted, and connecting stuff is a PITA, but better than what it's doing now. Some day soon I will give it a shot. Odd that the other THR22, using an HDMI, no problems. I hope it's the HDMI cable.
Hello, I have been using my THR22 since late December and was finally frustrated enough to look into the issues and I found this site and thought I would post in this thread.. (thanks for letting me vent!)
Problems with my THR22:
- 3x Fast Forward - then hitting play causes it to jump forward some times (Jumping- especially near a 'time tick') - this happens frequently and now I have taken to using 3x then back to 2x before hitting play...
- if a recording starts on a channel you are watching delayed, you are kicked out of the delayed program when the recording starts (My old HR10-250 did not do this!)
- Rewinding then jump back (to time mark) can jump forward if hit too quickly (you have to pause between successive clicks)
- Sometimes it takes multiple 'Play' buttons to start after being paused (In-frequent)
- I have had it not be able to rewind after switching to the second tuner - It just stays the same paused screen or a black screen as the rewind bar moves - It is necessary to change channels to get back to playing and using the buffer (very in-frequent)
Other things I am unhappy about:
- The guide does not show the current program you are on when it is within 5 minutes of the next program - It shows the next program that has not started yet! (I hate this!)
- Down on remote does not switch tuners (miss this from HR10-250)
- Not as much live buffer as HR2x series... (I know Tivo limits this for some reason...)
- It doesn't have MRV / (or 3D?)
I really Like: Guide is fast (compared to HR2x series)
My THR22 info and Tivo history: SW Version: 018A / ID: 11.2.3-01-3-627
- I am currently using it in 'SD' mode with an old dish (cabling and antenna issues)
- I have not re-started it in a long time (I guess that is a plus - considering trying a reboot...)
I realize some of these have been mentioned in other messages (possible described a little differently) but I thought I would just confirm I have had these issues also.
How often will software updates be released for the THR22?
I doubt anyone here can answer that.
I've seen 018c recently ... perhaps someone catch the moment and got it ?