THR22-100 Software Update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by CeeBee, Dec 19, 2014.

1. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Nov 20, 2013
    About 2 or 3 days ago I received THR22-100 software update 01BA. Any info about what was included in this update? So far, I see no differences from the prior version.

I waited a few days to see if it was included in the Software Release Notes forum.

IIRC this is only the second update since DirecTV introduced the THR22-100.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I know nothing of the software, but just based on the version number, there can't be anything significant, unfortunately. There are only 4 builds separating the previous version and this one.

3. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    I have seen a report of a 01BE version. My assumption is that this is just to change how the DirecTV 14 and 15 satellites are portrayed on the signal strength screens.

4. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Nov 20, 2013
    I received the download earlier this afternoon. There was an onscreen message with the choice to download now or later. I chose later, as I was watching a recording. Walked away a few minutes later, and came back to the download in progress.

The THR22 had seemed sluggish yesterday, slow to respond to the remote, rebooted when I chose "explore more options" on an old recording, etc. Seemed OK today, before and after the SW download.

5. codespy

codespy RIP Starr! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    From what I understand, there were minor cert/date updates to the IRD's for the 01BA release. Steve's probably right on with the 01BE update...

6. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    After further investigation, It was a small HDMI bug fix, relating to DHCP in connection with a TV. Nothing else really changed.

7. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    Do you have "sources" within DirecTV? How did you find this out?

8. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Not DirecTV......but TiVo.