THRESHOLD Series Premiere

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Laverne, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    OK, who else watched this?

I was pleasantly surprised, quite honestly. :grin:

I'll admit, it doesn't take a lot to entertain me, but I was really worried this was gonna be kinda dumb. Brent Spiner was about the ONLY reason I tuned in to watch it. It was funny to see him as sort of an old hippie! :lol:

I thought it was quite suspenseful. There were a couple of times when I jumped right out of my seat! :eek: I thought the glass forest was really cool! :cool: (But I coulda done without the cockroaches.. They're me second-least favorite 'pest', next to mice. Ants are 3rd. Snakes and spiders are way down on the list for me. ;) Just MHO. :grin: )

"A cynic is just an idealist with a broken heart." -- Never heard that before. Wonder what that says about Nick?? :p

2. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Watched it yesterday (Friday is still SciFriday for me!). A lot that is still a mystery that is for sure. My big concern is that it's on Friday, usually kiss of death for a series. Buy hey! X Files was first aired on a Friday when it began.

I thought the midget womanizer was hilarious!

3. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I didn't bother. Don't care for season (or series) long mysteries that play out like over such a long period of time.

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    To be honest I thought about it, but I figured if they really wanted me to watch this show they wouldn't put it up against sci-fi Friday. I already watch Firefly, SG-1, BG and occasionally Atlantis on friday nights and on into saturday as I don't usually get them all watched until then. That and yeah I also thought about how most shows like this that are scheduled for friday nights usually die a quick death so why bother. If by some chance it does survive the whole season i'll watch it over next summer like I did w/ Lost this summer.

5. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Its definately in an inconvenient timeslot. To watch it I'll have to download it, as I'm committed to SciFi for Fridays and don't have dual tuners for recording yet. So I'll see if its still going strong after 4 or so episodes (when scifi hits reruns) and then grab it then. If reviews are bad, then I won't have missed anything.

6. MikeSoltis

MikeSoltis Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 1, 2003
    I don't know, I was impressed. I think the casting is pretty good, and you can't beat that CBS HD/5.1 combo for a sci-fi show. Kinda like the last season of SG1 on Showtime!

I will continue to watch it.

7. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I was upset because this is a show that I wanted to catch and forgot about it. But lo and behold, what I actually forgot is that I set a Season Pass for it a few weeks ago :) Looks pretty good, I think I’m going to let a couple episodes build up before I watch it.

8. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    It's only going up against Sci-Fi Friday briefly as those shows are heading into their split season intermission until the networks go into reruns and holiday programming. So it doesn't have to beat SG/SG/BG, it just has to be good enough to fill the gap. By then we should know if it worth watching.

Then there are the other triplets, each with its own twist on the concept of contact on Earth with mysterious life forms with unknown intentions: Surface on NBC and Invasion on ABC.

9. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I didn't think it was too bad, but I did fall asleep toward the end, it seemed like it kinda drug on too long. I'll keep watching for now, but I don't think I'll be able to keep watching all three: Threshold, Invasion and Surface (premieres tonight). I'll have to see which one or two to cut from my viewing.

10. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    I wouldn't let too much build up before you watch it, Steve. ;) Even though it doesn't leave you as :confused: as Lost, there's still a lot to digest.

I said in the other thread that they played too many cards at once, but it looks now like they're playing with more than one deck! :D

11. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    As per your recommendation, I will be watching both episodes, in a few minutes. :)

(Besides I currently have 11 things on my TiVo, I can’t put off watching my shows much longer)