1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Warner to buy Cablevision?

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by LI-SVT, Mar 19, 2013.

1. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    Some rumors going around that Time Warner Cable may buy Cablevision in the New York metro area. Cablevision already sold their west coast division to TWC. If it turns out to be true I may head back to DirecTv. TWC has way higher rates than Cablevison and locks down the copy control indicator on all but the local OTA channels.

2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I'll bet Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc for Cablevision. Repairing the damage probably cost them a small fortune.

3. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Wow, that would be bad news. As much as I dislike Cablevision as a tv programming provider, I appreciate its uncapped Optimum Online service. TWC would probably start putting caps on as soon as it could.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    In three months, Insight will be completely absorbed by TWC. If this happens, that would mean the 8th and 9th largest providers will become part of Time Warner.

5. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    Interesting, thanks for the input.

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    The only GOOD service time warner offers IS INTERNET!!

7. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    It will be interesting to see what happens with pricing once the takeover is final. Insight is pretty competitive (in fact cheaper for my setup) than Directv.

8. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    They have yet to implement caps, though they do track data usage.

I really wouldn't know about the first part of the bolded sentence, but the CCI is a sad fact.

9. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    Some folks I work with live in TWC areas, I hace Cablevision. For prety much the same package TWC costs more. Cablevision is very compettive on price.