1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timer Pads-System Default

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Ken Green, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    The factory default for the timer pads came set to 1/3.
    I changed it to 1/1, and selected "set as system default."
    Tonight, I wanted to change it, but now the option (located in Timers >Manual Timers >Options) is greyed and unavailable.
    I see it could be restored by restoring all the factory defaults.
    Does anyone know how to access it again?
    Perhaps removing all my current timers would make it available again?
    tia

2. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    One way to do it is to set up a timer and change the start early and end late options on it. Then you will be given the choice to make that your system default.

I just leave my start and end options at zero, zero and change the it on each timer if I want to change them. For us, most of the recordings are done on the HD stations (we still have a 721 for SD recordings) and most of the HD stuff starts and ends on time (I record very, very little from the networks).

3. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Thank you Bill, that worked.
    Do you know if the newly set system default will apply to the timers I already had set, when I changed the system default, or do I need to go back and change them individually?

4. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson ViP622/ViP722 Guy DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 16, 2005
    If you change the system default, it will not change the timers you have already created . You will need to delete and recreate them, or edit them individually.

5. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    TY Mike :)
    Glad their mostly the wife's timers :lol:

6. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Good question, I haven't tried that. Here is how you can check: Go to menu, (7) Daily Schedule and look at your scheduled programs. Highlight a program, press select, and then options and it will tell you what the pads are for that timer.

Let us know if it changed your already scheduled timers.

7. Mike Johnson

Jan 16, 2005
    I'm not sure about timers that are in the future - past the nine day schedule. They may get updated to the new defaults as they get "created" and added to your schedule.

8. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    The previously set times still had the old default pad settings.
    I left one of them alone for now, to see if its future scheduled events, past the 9 days, as Mike mentioned, pick up their original default setting, or the new one I changed to tonight.
    Will post the results in 10 days :)

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The future ones are just continuations of the current. Whatever is set for that timer will continue to be used.

BTW: The 622 recognizes sporting events and automatically sets the end to 60 minutes past regardless of what the default is. You can change it when you set up the timer.

10. Mike Johnson

Jan 16, 2005
    Makes sense, James. I've never waited 9 days to try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.