1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tin Man Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Stuart Sweet, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    A Sci-Fi reimagining of The Wizard of Oz...

anyone else excited about this?

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Isn't Tin Man a new story? I'm gonna record this either way since it is something my daughter might be able to enjoy with us.

3. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I am! The promos look great, I just hope the actual "event" lives up to it!

4. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Really? I didn't know about this. I grew up reading the Oz books.

L. Frank Baum's granddaughter lived in my home town. My mother and her were friends. I'd go over to her house and borrow a new book, returning the old one.

I'm definitely recording this one.

For anybody who cares, the Disney movie, Return To Oz, was quite good. Completely different than the Judy Garland vehicle, it was a lot darker. It was billed as a sequel and that wasn't even close. I liked it a lot but then it had Tick Tock and Pumpkin Head in it, characters I'd only read about.

5. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    It's a darker "reimagining" of the story.

Check out SciFi's web page for it: http://www.scifi.com/tinman/ - I love what they're doing with Flash there. Click ABOUT for more info.

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I'll check it out, but excited about it? No. More worried that it will be a complete mess.

7. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    It will be in HD right?

8. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    After going to the website I have to say this is my fear, too. The Oz books had timeless characters suffering human frailities. They don't need to be hip.

I'll watch the first few episodes but these folks are farting around with my childhood.

9. petergaryr

petergaryr Passed away April 24, 2010

Nov 22, 2006
    Most likely. If SciFi can do "Wraiths of Roanoke" in HD, surely they can do this one :D

10. Kurgan

Kurgan AllStar

Oct 10, 2007
    Definitely going to record it. It should be interesting. I'm wondering if they're going to pay more focus to the "Tin Man" rather than directly on Dorothy and Toto reaching the Wizard in Oz.

Yes, I enjoyed the "sequel" as well. Definitely a dark movie with Dorothy returning to a completely different and darker Oz. The first thing I think about when I remember that movie is those guys with the wheels for hands and feet!

11. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I am looking forward to it, but I am usually disappointed when I get excited about anything other than theatrical movies.

I did like "Return to Oz" and would love to see it on an HD channel.

12. petergaryr

petergaryr Passed away April 24, 2010

Nov 22, 2006
    After seeing the previews during BSG Razor, I'm getting more interested in seeing it.

13. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I had read about this a while back and completely forgotten about it. I certainly will try the first night.

14. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I had forgot all about this until I saw that Bravo or USA was having a "Making of" special on it. I scheduled it to record and will give it a watch.

15. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I think I can answer the "will it be in HD" question. I just watched the "making of" on Bravo and every bit of it was in HD, so it should be in HD on Sci Fi this weekend. It looks really, really good too. I was interested before, but after watching this, I am really excited about it.

16. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The New York Daily News gave the mini-series a four star rating today. Highest rating it gives. Rarely wrong, I don't remember a three or four star program being bad. I'm looking forward to it. The write up in the paper was great too. This should be really good. Shame it's not on HBO or Showtime. I'm really getting sick of commercials. This should be sweet, Stuart.:icon_band

17. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Don't worry ... I'm sure it will be on DVD for $19.99 in a couple of months. :p

18. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Isn't Tin Man being "presented" by someone? If so, the commercials will hopefully be fewer and farther between .. But isn't that what DVR is for anyway? :p

19. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Good point. And by the time it comes out in DVD, I will have totally forgotten it. The aging process do have some benefits.

20. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You have no idea how lazy I am.