TNT & TBS West

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Visman, May 29, 2019.

1. Visman

Visman Legend

Feb 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    longhorn23 likes this.
  2. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    This is news to me but it wouldn't surprise me (since AT&T owns both D* and WarnerMedia). U-Verse TV provides all their customers with separate east and west feeds of certain channels like TNT and TBS. Some channels like A&E is either/or depending on where you live. If D* has the space for these wouldn't shock me if AT&T begins to branch out and even add non-WarnerMedia west feeds for national channels.

D* subs who use TV Everywhere apps for channels like TBS, TNT, truTV have been able to watch both feeds via the respective channel app. The test channels are also interesting as it seems they may make use of the "–1" for the West feeds instead of giving them a new channel number like they do on U-Verse.

APB101 likes this.
  3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I can see it for owned stations. I don’t see them paying others for east and west coast feeds beyond what they have already for non owned companies.

4. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    That's what I meant as the WarnerMedia channels like TBS, TNT, truTV are the few remaining channels that U-Verse offers the East/West feeds to all subs. Since TBS and TNT West HD are in testing it wouldn't surprise me if they later add truTV West HD and upgrade Cartoon Network West to HD since U-Verse offers the west coast feed in HD. Now for non-WarnerMedia owned national channels that is where I would be surprised if they add them.

Also wouldn't surprise me if they add the rest of the West HD feeds for the HBO channels since U-Verse has them although I wish they would add OuterMax HD first since U-Verse has that as well.

My thought on the matter is they are most likely doing this because they now own WarnerMedia, however I wouldn't be shocked if they are trying to harmonize DirecTV and U-Verse TV's lineups so that D* has everything U-Verse does plus more so when someone moves from U-Verse to DirecTV they won't be missing anything from U-Verse.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    As a premium service it would make sense to carry the west feeds. It gives west coast viewers the opportunity to see the shows at the same time of day as east coast viewers without needing to DVR programs to time shift. And it gives all viewers two chances to catch each show each night (without relying on the replay schedule).

6. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    East- and west-coast feeds of Cartoon Network are also carried by AT&T’s U–verse. Although I know it is not most accurate, Zap 2 It has east- and west coast, and all available in HD, of TBS, TNT, Tru TV, and Cartoon Network.

7. Jun 6, 2019 #7 of 11
    ep1974

ep1974 Legend

May 22, 2010
    Any further updates as to whether Directv will add TNT and TBS West?

8. Jun 8, 2019 #8 of 11
    techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Not at this time just that they are in test mode.

9. Jun 8, 2019 #9 of 11
    dod1450

dod1450 Legend

Dec 16, 2009
    I assume that both feeds will be available?

10. Sea bass

Sea bass Icon

Jun 9, 2005
    Seems like a waste considering most have PVR’s. Having said that, I love the addition of HD channels. :)

dishrich likes this.
  11. dod1450

dod1450 Legend

Dec 16, 2009
    I also like more HD channels and East Coast feed.

longhorn23 likes this.