1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Do List Only Shows Six Days Out

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by etexlady, Jul 14, 2013.

1. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    I was reviewing my To Do List on the HR20-700 in the living room and noticed it only showed recordings for the next six days. Last night it was fine. I tried a soft reset without any success. I checked the To Do List on the HR 22-100 in the Den and it is as it should be. Any ideas?

2. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Interesting. Everything is fine on my HR24/500. Maybe a slight hiccup that will resolve itself perhaps?

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Try a reset, and then as soon as its back up again, do another. That will flush all guide data and then it will rebuild everything over the next couple days. See if that helps.

Granted ill bet it'd keep recording fine anyway.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    What software version is on your boxes?

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    And time of the software installation. (Could be the cause of what you noted if it updated overnight.)

Did you check if the Guide went out but six days at the time you noted the To Do List was truncated?

6. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Thanks for the replies. Guide data is messed up as well. It goes out about six days with quite a few "no title available" on some channels. No software installation or download in the last week or so. Software version is 0x6d8 and was downloaded on 6/4/13. I did try resets a couple of times. When it comes to the "rebuilding scheduler" part, it appears it is doing that but after 15-20 seconds, it displays normal programming so it seems that part is being skipped. The HR22-100 in the den has the same software version downloaded on 6/12/13. Guide data is fine. To Do List is fine.

7. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Somehow, your Guide was flushed, and it hasn't rebuilt itself fully, or something occurred to prevent it from doing so. If by the time you turn in tonight it doesn't look right, do the double reboot within 30 minutes, then leave it alone overnight, and for as long as you can stand it tomorrow morning. Then, take two aspirin and call..... O.K., all but the last part will, I hope, do it....

8. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Thanks for the help everyone. To Do List is as it should be. Guide data is still kinda wonky but maybe it is still "rebuilding".

9. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Often the "to do" list is cached but sometimes when you do a software or power-down reset the to do list is flushed. All of the series link shows will be gone until the list rebuilds itself. However, shows you have scheduled for "one time" recording or manual recording should still be there since the DVR has no way to "rebuild" these selections.

In addition, the guide cache and the icon cache can also be flushed. The minimum you should get after a reset is three hours of (limited) guide data and shows in the to do list that air in the next few hours.

After about 48 hours most of the guide should be there. I've found it takes up to 72 hours before all of the icons and "search suggestions" reappear as well as the detailed information about the "cast and characters" of each show.

If you want to force a cleaning (deletion) of all of these files to start fresh, simply reset your DVR and when it comes back online reset it a second time. It's best to do this just after the top or bottom of the hour since that is when the guide and other things update.

10. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    How 'bout just before turning in? :)