1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To record this episode press r....for the love of god

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Gaines1016, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Gaines1016

Gaines1016 New Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Hr34. 0x67e software. Recording tips are set to off and this message has been driving me crazy for months. Please help I can't handle flipping back and forth during march madness and having the score covered with that f'ing message. Thanks all.

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    REcord a bunch of shows (5?) even if only to delete them right away. That is said to fix that effing problem.

3. gvc

gvc New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    yes..setting up at least 5 series recordings did the trick for me.

4. DirectNJ

DirectNJ Cool Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Thank God! There's actually somebody else having this problem other than me. I've been walking around the house, remote in hand, trying to figure out which receiver might still have "Recording Tips" on. Do you actually have to record sometthing on the 5 series links? Or, just set them up?

5. gvc

gvc New Member

Sep 13, 2012
  6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Just set up 5 series links, let them sit for a day or two and the message will go away.

7. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Yeah, apparently D* is worried that their users are so stupid that they can't figure that pressing the Record button will start a recording.

Actually, they might have a point. :lol:

Keith

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    As you've established, they probably do have a point....:lol:

9. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    {is there a thread here where we can share some of the lame ordeals our beloved customers have put us through? I know maligning the peoples that pay us is generally ungood, but a little venting cuts those disturbing murder/suicides stories we see on cable news}

:eek2:

10. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    +1

11. Lugnut

Lugnut AllStar

Feb 11, 2013
    Eagle, Idaho
    You didn't get the DirecTV branded flask when you were hired? :grin: