1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TopGear coming to History Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by HDYankee, Oct 31, 2010.

1. HDYankee

HDYankee AllStar

Jun 21, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Car and Driver Magazine in the December edition has an ad that TopGear is coming to the History Channel and premieres Nov. 21st 9pm EDT.

So I assume that will be in HD and now the guys that were complaining about not having BBC in HD wll be somewhat happy. I know I am!:D

2. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    Wonder if they will be old programs or new ones (old as in how L&O are 8 thousand years old on some channels) :)

3. juventuz

juventuz Legend

Oct 15, 2007
    It's the American version of Top Gear, not the British version.

4. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Yes and I predict it will suck.

5. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Yepp. I refuse to watch it. I get the BBC Top Gear off Amazon VOD, and the HD is very nice. The new show Luther is good too.

6. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I have stayed away from iTunes VOD since you need an Apple TV to play it. Will TVersity play stuff from Amazon? I don't know about Luther but I really like L&O UK and it would be nice to get that in HD.

7. Jason Whiddon

Aug 17, 2006
    Not sure on that. I like Amazon because every TV show Ive bought the last 3 years, I can go back and watch on my BR player, laptop or TiVo. Before I had devices to play it back, I used to download it to my laptop, and just connect the laptop to the TV. I just stream the HD episodes with the BR player now.

8. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    Well, my looking at various sites, including Amazon, shows me that the only way to get their stuff is buy an external box since my Sammy bluray is not set up to link with them. Not worth it for me.

9. Jason Whiddon

Aug 17, 2006
    No laptop?

10. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    No. just desktop, but I really do not like to watch TV shows on the computer's 23" monitor. I have at times but really do not plan to make it a habit, so until Netflix improves their VOD, my sammy will connect to them, I will stick to discs. By the way, what make is your BR?

11. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I wonder if they'll use the American Stig we've seen on other episodes.

12. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    If they did or did not, how would even know. The Stig, no matter who is an enigma. I was also a little upset this past week since after showing the uncut versions for several weeks they cut this one which had Tom Cruise.

13. sportshermit

sportshermit Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    Saddens me. I wish the history channel would broadcast history content instead of all this reality stuff.

14. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    So you want them to go back to being the Nazi channel?

15. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    I know someone that went to one of the tapings of the show. He was surprised at how good it was. I've been downloading the British version since 2004 and wait for those Sunday nights when the latest version hits the inet.

16. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    Jon J:

Yes if it doesn't have Adam Carolla, it will suck. Anyone get ahold of the pilot that NBC commissioned? It had Adam in it.

17. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I think Adam is the Hollywood person I dislike the most. He's just a bully and a jerk, and obviously I hope he doesn't get the gig.

18. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Icon

Dec 28, 2005
    A Roku external box is only $59. That will give you Amazon, Netflix, Pandora and about 100 other streaming sources.

19. sportshermit

sportshermit Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    Ummm...

How about distributing history content and not this reality garbage?

20. Jason Whiddon

Aug 17, 2006
    It's been stated before, and I agree. Most of these niche channels are forced to branch out now. Original programming is where it's at, and they offer the ability to pickup a series for a whole season, while local networks cancel them after two shows, or halfway thru the season.

I do agree, though, as much as I like Ax Men, not sure why its on History.