1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TP25 at 61.5°/Sky Angel TP Dead?

Discussion in 'Sky Angel (Closed Forum)' started by TNGTony, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    As of 4 am on Sunday I noticed that transponder 25 at E*3 at 61.5 is dead! This is one of two transponders that carries Sky Angel programming. As of this moment the following channels are out:

9701 Angel One
    9705 TV U
    9707 Guardian TV
    9708 Faith TV
    9709 Superchannel TBN
    9711 Safe TV
    9716 Liberty Broadcasting Network
    9717 Catholic Familyland (the reason I found out about this...tuned in to see the Inoguration Mass of the Pope and found "no signal")
    9725 Fé TV
    9730 Gospel Music TV
    9732 Worship TV

Radio channels:
    9754 WAY FM
    9760 American Family Radio
    9762 Calvary Satellite Radio
    9764 Living Way Radio
    9765 Moody Broadcasting
    9770 Solid Gospel Radio
    9772 Voice of Hope (Jerusalem)
    9773 KDAZ-AM Albuquerque (Z73)

I have no news on this. It could be a scheduled outage, but I doubt it.

See ya
    Tony

2. Wayne

Wayne AllStar

Jul 1, 2003
    I'm receiving all Sky Angel channels as of 7:15 this morning. Maybe it was a scheduled outage or temporary problem. While scanning the channels I did get to see the new Reliant K video on TVU. Pretty coool!

3. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Okay, sorry for the false alarm. Looks like I somehow lost odd transponders at 61.5.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Ouch.

BTW: I can confirm that TP25 was there last night at that time because I also checked for the mass. The best coverage was on EWTN (on E* at 261). 9717 FamilyLand seemed to have normal programming (they certainly were not carrying a live mass).

CNN had it (feed from CNN International ... with alot of talk over). Our local CBS station also carried a CBS News network feed (with talkover) of the event overnight. No other local station had it ... including WNDU 16 which was replaying Saturday Night Live. (WNDU - as in owned and operated by Notre Dame University.) I didn't check FNC, but it wasn't in the EPG and I doubt they cared enough to have it.

EWTN's was best because the only talkover was translation.
    CNN and CBS both talked throughout like they were at a sporting event explaining the game instead of at a worship service. I suppose that's where they were (an event) in their own little world.

JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.