1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Siberian Orchestra

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Steve Mehs, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Anyone here ever see them in concert? All the clips I've seen, it looks like TSO puts on an amazing show. They were here in Buffalo two years ago a few days before Christmas and I missed out, they'll be back this year on December 6th. Decent lower level tickets are going for $125-$150 on Stub Hub. I'd like to make it to one Sabres game a month, but if TSO is that good I may go to that instead. Any opinions?

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Steve - I saw them in Denver a couple of years ago, and they were amazing. Worth $150? I'm not sure, but it was a great show.

3. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    I saw them in Raleigh about 3 years ago, I thought they were absolutely phenominal. My date really appreciated it too and I was amply rewarded for suprising her with tickets to it :D. I am biased though, I'm a huge fan of that kind of music.

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Upper level tickets are considerably less but, I'd be spending about the same for a Sabres game and if it's going to be a great show, price is pretty much irrelevant. Can't put a price tag on good memories that will last a lifetime. :)

5. MIKE0616

MIKE0616 Godfather

Dec 13, 2006
    Check out their web site, as tickets there for Beefalo at HSBC arena are only 48 a person, tops. That 150 is pure BS, it may be a good show, but they are not worth that. Just ordered a couple for closer locale and with all fees, floor seats center are under $50 / seat, which I can live with and wife will like.

BTW, they use Ticketmaster for their reservations.

6. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I've seen them twice.It was a great show each time.I have all their music.

7. ycebar

ycebar Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    Glad to hear its good will be going Nov 2 here

8. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I've seen them a few times at the Mohegan Sun.

I loved the concert and really liked how the stick around afterwards to sign stuff and talk to the fans.

Mike

9. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    The best tickets, for the Portland shows, cost $46.
    Two shows on Nov.9th.

10. Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson Hall Of Fame

May 5, 2003
    Lucky enough to see them in Baltimore in 2006. Just waiting for them to release the dang album with Carmina Burana on it. It was great live.

What was especially cool was Chris Caffery talking about his playing days with Savatage during the concert. At least the former Savatage members are all releasing some pretty good music, separately. Especially that of Jon Oliva, one of the co-creators of TSO. I heard the Circle II Circle/Jon Oliva's Pain show in Alexandria VA last week was incredible.

11. thespaceghost

thespaceghost Legend

May 23, 2008
    I got my tickets with the TSO fan club offer this year. Second row for $55 each. I seen them a couple years ago and they were great. Im looking forward to going to it again.

12. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'm not a big fan of attending concerts even though I like live music... but I digress.

I have 3 Christmas compilations of theirs... am not sure if that is all they released or not. I bought them all at once the same Christmas whenever the most recent one of them had come out.

13. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    I had seen them last year. Great show! I also have all of there CD's and play them all the time at Christmas.

14. Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson Hall Of Fame

May 5, 2003
    They have three Christmas CD's and one concept album based upon the devil dealing for Ludwig von Beethoven's soul on his last night before his death. "Beethoven's Last Symphony" is pretty good. It features Jon Oliva as "Mephistopheles", the devil.

Supposedly, there is another album written and mostly recorded, but that has been the case for over two years. The song "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana is supposed to be on the album, Night Castle, tentatively scheduled for a Summer '09 release. It has been tentatively scheduled for over two years. I believe this one is not a Christmas-themed album.

15. Ryan415689

Ryan415689 Mentor

Oct 7, 2008
    I wish I could afford to go. I will end up watching it on the public access channel again this year.

16. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I like their stuff, but I wouldn't pay $150 a seat to see anyone.