1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer of Recorded Programs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by bmlocal175, Feb 10, 2012.

1. bmlocal175

bmlocal175 Mentor

Jan 23, 2012
    Just got the new HR34 and had a question.

My wife is a teacher and sometimes records shows that she would like to use in class. Is there anyway to get these recordings to her class? She has a PC and a smartboard with internet connection in her classroom.

2. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Sure, buy NOMAD from DIRECTV for $149 and then you can Offload any Recorded Content (can't download PPV, ADULT, DOD etc.) to your PC as I have done.

I can't remember all of the Recordings that you can't download because of Content Protection Laws but Directv can tell you that or you can Search the Forum here for that answer.

I believe you have to have DECA Installed but I am not sure but call Directv and ask about Nomad and they can tell you everthing you need to know.

I have Football Games and Golf Events and Diners, Driveins & Dives , etc all Downloaded to my Laptop and soon to be Downloaded to my Asus Transformer Prime Tablet (64 GB).

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You can also use an SD output (composite or s-video) and record to a PC using a video capture card of some type. Real time - play from the DVR and record on the PC. No way to speed that up though.

4. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    If you can handle watching 480I in the 21st Century!!! :lol: