1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformers HD-DVD

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Chris Blount, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Anyone check out the Transformers HD-DVD? I got to take a look last night. Did not see it in theaters this Summer.

What a fun movie. Much better than I expected. The HD-DVD looks fantastic. Sound and picture both very good.

2. msmith198025

msmith198025 Member of the Year

Jun 28, 2007
    I also watched it last night. Great visuals. Not bad at all. A fun movie to watch

3. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    We tried to download the first internet extra wigit but it kept failing. Anyone get it to work?

4. darthfadar

darthfadar New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Newberg, Oregon
    I enjoyed at the theater. And will probably rent the DVD. At points, the plot seemed thin to me. But, I was very impressed with the visual effects & the audio mix.

I hope there is a Pt 2.

BTW, any good bonus material on this disc?

5. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Getting it tomorrow from Amazon. Got my A3 yesterday and its fantastic.

6. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I agree Chris it was a great movie.

I watched it in the movies in July and had to see it again so I watched the HD DVD version on my HD add on for my Xbox 360 and it looked great. The audio was even better.

7. southtexan

southtexan Cool Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Chris, it's still on at the Paladium IMAX, on the big screen it's really impressive

8. Grubby

Grubby Cool Member

Oct 18, 2007
    This was just as good the second time

9. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    I got both of them to work. It gave me an error the first time. I had to redo the net setup, then it downloaded both.

Awesome HD DVD, can't wait for Full Metal Jacket to get here. I took the Mummy and T3 for my two in store free movies from BB

10. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Guess I will try it again tonight. The internet stuff wouldn't work on my A1.

11. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    and they call me an early adopter

12. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Sitting on my couter, waiting for Sunday night...(as I did go to the theaters

13. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    The first thing I did when I setup the A2 was to download the 2.5 firmware. It adds an enhanced RGB output option

14. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Of course! I had my HD-DVD player the first weekend they were released. Been using quite a bit for both HD and SD. The SD upconversion capability of the A1 is quite good.

I also have a PS3 for Blu-Ray but I don't use it nearly as often. My personal collection is pretty much 75% HD-DVD, 25% Blu-Ray. Not because I'm biased, but just because the selection of movies I like are on HD-DVD.

15. detector19

detector19 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Seen it in the movies and loved it and i have it on dvd just wish it was on blue ray...

16. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    My Wife and I really enjoyed it. It was even better on HD (but makes me wish we had a larger TV - 42" with HD DVDs and blu-ray just isn't cutting it anymore!)

17. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    mine has been in my book bag since the day i got mine enjoyed it in the movies and enjoyed it at my friends place who rented it and i will enjoy it again on my own

18. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    Excellent PQ, and the best Michael Bay movie I've seen so far.

btw, for those who don't know the new Ironman trailer is at the very end of the movie, after the credits.

19. jutley

jutley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    Got my copy a few days ago. Now I just need to find the time to watch it. The Jazz season starts tonight so my nights will fill up quickly watching them. :)

20. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I just got the HD-DVD on Friday and watched it. It looked great and was a really fun movie. Much better than I thought it would be. I've already watched it again with the special features enabled that show the PIP.