1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truth in 24 "cancelled"?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jeffreytz, Mar 20, 2009.

1. jeffreytz

jeffreytz Cool Member

Feb 3, 2007
    So on two seperate HR20's DVRs I set up Truth in 24 to record on ESPN tonight. ESPN's schedule shows that they aired it, but on both of my DVRs it didn't record and a check of the history says it didn't record because it was "cancelled". Anyone know if this was a DirecTV DVR issue or a programming issue (and is there a better way to find out?).

Thanks!

2. wangatang

wangatang New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    same thing happened to me...

3. rbpeirce

rbpeirce Godfather

Feb 23, 2006
    Then I am not alone. I was talking to my son and mentioned this would be on. After talking to him I checked my three DVRs and found it had dropped out of the To Do lists on two of them. It was still on the Tivo but not on either of the two DTV units -- SD and HD. I rescheduled it on both and confirmed it was in the To Do lists.

I am away from home so I can't check but I know it recorded on the DTV SD unit, so I assume it recorded on the other two as well.

Interestingly, the Guide showed the show was scheduled to record but the To Do list did not! I had previously confirmed that if a show wasn't in the To Do list it wasn't going to record regardless of what the Guide said.

I hope it was worth the trouble!!

4. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    so basically they "lied" about the "truth" being on.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Probably removed from the GUIDE and changed to something else .. Was anyone around when it came on to verify what was playing in that time slot?

6. t_h

t_h Icon

Mar 7, 2008
    A quick check of tribunes program listings (www.zap2it.com) said that Truth in 24 aired on ESPNHD at 5pm pacific time yesterday with the description:

"Truth in 24(2008)

The Audi team competes in a grueling 24-hour race in Le Mans, France.
    Keith Cossrow, Bennett Viseltear

* HD

5:00 - 7:00 PM ESPNHD (73)"

Its still in the program guide, so it wasnt removed or canceled according to the tribune data, which is the source for directv's data.

Its possible that in some markets ESPN might have preempted it, but I dont think they do that very often, if at all.

7. jksellman

jksellman Legend

Mar 22, 2007
    I set both of my HR20's to record "truth"...when I checked my to do list yesterday I noticed thet they were not there, so I re-scheduled, and both of my HR20's recorded it. Go figure???

8. flynn337

flynn337 AllStar

Feb 27, 2009
    Exact same thing happened to me on my HR23.... and I don't see any future airings. Did I miss out?

9. JimV

JimV Legend

Feb 3, 2007
    i checked my recording and found it disappeared before the show aired so I re-set to record it and it worked fine. but something definitely made it go away the first time.

10. pjazz

pjazz Cool Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Same thing happened to me. I was able to reset my dvr to record it. Have to admit I was a bit disappointed in the program. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

11. dsm

dsm Godfather

Jul 11, 2004
    Not sure if this was related, but there was a glitch that hit many units yesterday at 3:30pm est. It may have only been HR20s, I'm not sure and didn't feel like reading the hundreds of posts about it. Mine lost the entire guide content. Stuff which was recording when it happened stopped for me. I'm not sure when it got the guide back automatically. One unit I waited on and the other I reset. The reset one had the guide immediately after it rebooted. See the DBStalk start page for a link to the topic.

steve

12. yoyomonster

yoyomonster New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Ditto. And I just switched over (about 2 weeks ago) from Comcast. All my Comcast friends recorded it fine. :nono2:

The good news is it is now an exclusive (and free!) download on iTunes. I'm too new to post URLs but google "Truth in 24" and foxbusiness.com

13. EricJRW

EricJRW Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    Keller, TX
    "Last Restaurant Standing" (BBCA) got dropped from my To Do list and did not record (lucky we noticed and it came on again a couple hours later - We would not be so lucky with other network shows we like). If I can't depend on a DVR to do its job, I really don't see a point to having it. This, coupled with the frequently required RBR, is pushing me toward another look at AT&T U-Verse.