Trying to get a new HR20...need help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Rockywwf, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 5, 2007 #1 of 13
    Rockywwf

Rockywwf Legend

Aug 21, 2006
    CT
    I'm getting nowhere fast with the CSR's. I've called 3 times and get the same thing, $299 = $19.99 shipping. They say there is nothing better they can do. I hear a lot of people are calling customer retention and getting better deals. Does any one know their number?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mar 5, 2007 #2 of 13
    harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You have to ask a CSR for Retention.

3. Mar 5, 2007 #3 of 13
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    They do not have a direct number (for several months now). The only way to get in touch with them is through the front-line CSRs (though I have heard you can sometimes through the phone system just by saying "Retention" when asked why you are calling - though I have no first hand experience doing that).

D* is clamping down pretty tight just within the last month or so as far as deals go. Also, if you have recently gotten some deals or haven't handled your account too well, you could be facing a real uphill battle.

The best I've been hearing is some get a $100 break (discount or instant rebate or something), but that also depends on the customer. Some say it's CSR roullette, some say the deals just aren't available to give like they used to be. 'Your results will vary' seems to apply a lot more lately.

4. Mar 6, 2007 #4 of 13
    boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    HR20's are in relatively short supply with spot shortages. Why should they give away something that is in high demand? You want cheap wait 6-12 months when there is a surplus then ask for cheap.

5. Mar 6, 2007 #5 of 13
    Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    Well the first thing is it dpends on your account and how long you have been with them. Obviously the more you are worth to them to more they will give you.

I have been with them for 11 years and have always had there biggest package w/NFL ST. So I get all of my equipment free even the HR20-700.

Everyone has varying degrees of pull depending on there account status.

6. Mar 6, 2007 #6 of 13
    Rockywwf

Rockywwf Legend

Aug 21, 2006
    CT
    Thanks for the info.

I've been with them for 4 years and my account is fine.

I was able to get an HR20 for $19.99 shipping charge back in September. This one was going to be for my bedroom because I currently have a SD Tivo on one input and a HD receiver (no DVR) on another input. I'm just tired of paying for the extra box.

I guess I'll just wait.

:nono2:

7. Mar 6, 2007 #7 of 13
    jimb726

jimb726 Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Well depending on when in September you got the first one might be part of the issue. Right now most customers are only allowed one promotionally priced HR20 every 6 months, so that might be whats holding you up. That and the fact mentioned earlier that right now the units are in such high demand, they have no incentive to discount them at all.

Jim

8. Mar 6, 2007 #8 of 13
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    You are joking right?

You got a HR20 back in September for just $19.99 shipping charge.

And now your complaining about D* not giving you a deal on a second HR20 what am I missing here?

No wonder it cost so much to watch D*

9. Mar 6, 2007 #9 of 13
    Rockywwf

Rockywwf Legend

Aug 21, 2006
    CT

No where was I complaining I would just like to pay less than $350 for a new box I pay for HBO, Cinemax, HD, Plus tier channels, PPV events and movies and I pay for 5 boxes in the house. For all that money they should give us all an HD DVR for $19.99.

That's all I'm saying. I don't come on these forums to argue with people.

10. ZoSoAir

ZoSoAir Banned User

Sep 19, 2006

It costs so much, in part, because D* still hasnt gotten its S*** together and made a decent product. You think there would be a supply shortage if all HR20's worked as promised the first time they were installed?

Ever take any economics classes?

11. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Yea,

I know how it is hard to understand words typed into a forum or on the internet in general. So what I was reading as a complaint, you were posting, none at all.

Cheers

12. skessel

skessel AllStar

Aug 11, 2006
    I got this $100 break by upgrading to the "Premier" package for at least 6 months.

13. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    2 HR20's in feb. for $99 and a $100 rebate towards the $99, with full install of dish, wiring, multi-switch,etc.. Cost them $1.:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.