Tuner 2 audio problems/942

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by jtp1947, Jun 23, 2007.

1. jtp1947

jtp1947 Mentor

Feb 13, 2004
    My TV1 works fine, no audio problems. I have 3 other televisions connected to TV2 and all of the televisions on TV2 are experiencing continual cracking audio, very difficult to hear the program. I have checked all of the inside connections and they are fine. Are there any connections on the outside of the house that are dedicated solely to TV2 audio? Reboot does not help. Shared view does not help. Could it be the 622 itself that is bad?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Are you talking Tuner 2 or TV 2? I suspect that you meant to say TV2.

It is possible that you're getting some severe interference. It is also possible that the TV 2 output section is going away. Try hooking your nearby TV up to the "Home Distribution" RCA outputs and see if the problem is at or before that stage.

3. jtp1947

jtp1947 Mentor

Feb 13, 2004
    My mistake, I have a 622.

4. jtp1947

jtp1947 Mentor

Feb 13, 2004
    The sound was okay when I did what you suggested. I retraced the entire connection from the unit to the splitter in the attic and everything seemed okay. In fact, it's been hooked up like that for over a year now with no problems. Is it possible there is a problem outside with one of the 3 dishes or the dpp44 since it is only affecting TV2?

5. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Try changing output channel for TV2. You're not going to find the gremlins in the dish or the switch because it isn't happening at the RCA connections. Either the modulator is toast, or you've got some interference. If you change the output channel, you should be able to dodge the interference.

Is the noise a problem when you're watching the TV1 output on the TV2 televisions?

Are you running in single mode?

Is there anything else you'd like to change your story on or recant?

6. jtp1947

jtp1947 Mentor

Feb 13, 2004
    I brought another television in close to the 622 and hooked it up to the RCA connection out for TV2 and into the RCA connection to the other TV and it works fine, no sound problems. So as you suggest, it must be the modulator. Do you know if Dish will just send me another unit or must a service call be made? Thank you for your help and no, I do not want to change or recant any of my story.

7. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Have you tried changing the output channel number?

Does the static happen when you're watching TV1 programming on TV2?

Dish is going to ask these questions (and many more unrelated questions) when you call so I would suggest that you prepare yourself by answering them here.

I'm still not convinced that there isn't some interference that has come into play recently.

8. jtp1947

jtp1947 Mentor

Feb 13, 2004
    Yes, I tried changing the output channel number and there is static when watching TV1 programs on TV2. I just got off the phone with Dish and they are going to send another unit. Thank you again and I will post results after I try the new unit.

9. jtp1947

jtp1947 Mentor

Feb 13, 2004
    New unit installed and problem solved. Thank you for your help.

10. Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman Icon

Feb 7, 2005
    glad to hear another unit worked.