TV Access Fee for Genie 2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Hideftv, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Hideftv

Hideftv Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Is anyone being charged a $7.00 fee for the Genie 2 HR17? I have had 3 clients and the HR17 since the HR-17 came out. I have been charge three $7 TV Access Fees with a $7 credit for the first TV. I received an email today from AT&T “Your DirecTV Order Details”. I haven’t ordered anything. It shows they are charging a prorated charge for an additional TV Access Fee and an additional TV Access Charge.

I called and the rep said I have 4 receivers a Genie 2 and 3 clients, which I do. They never charged a TV Access Fee for the Genie 2 before. So now they are adding a $7 charge for the Genie 2. Has this changed? He wouldn’t let me talk to a supervisor and said no one was in customer loyalty.

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    You don't have 4 receivers.

Are they removing the credit for the first TV?

3. Hideftv

Hideftv Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Yes they are allow credit for the first TV and charging me for 4 so I will be baying for three. So my access fees went from a total of 3 minus 1 to 4 minus 1. I tried to explain that to him but he just kept saying you have 4 receivers.

4. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    I have a Genie 2 and 6 minis. My equipment charge is $35 a month. At $7 a month that indicates the first is not being charged $7 a month.

5. Hideftv

Hideftv Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Thanks. That is how mine has been up until now. I have 3 minis and pay $14 a month. Not sure why they are changing it now on my account.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Call during 'normal' working hours on weekdays. Or try the online Chat. Your HS17 isn't a receiver and you shouldn't be charged as such.

7. Hideftv

Hideftv Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Thanks. My wife was on the phone with them for hours today, but we think it is straighten out. They also added a 24 month contract in January when our Genie 2 HR17 died and a tech came out and replaced it with another Genie 2 HR17. So they said they straighten that out also and removed the contract.

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    One of the reasons I hate changing anything on my account. It usually gets messed up and it takes multiple calls to get it back to what it was. Just watch your bill. I'd also call back in two weeks and ask what your contract end date shows in the system.

9. Hideftv

Hideftv Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Thanks. That’s a good idea to recheck the contract end date.