TV App Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MizzouTiger, Nov 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    I have been using a few of the different TV apps on my networked receivers since they were introduced. I mainly use the sports apps - MLB Team, NFL Team, NCAA Football Team, NCAA Basketball Team and Score Guide. Well, the NCAA basketball season is now underway, but my NCAA Basketball Team App (Missouri Tigers) still says "End of Season". It never updated to show their season opening game score from Friday night, and when you open up the app, it still has the info from the end of last season.

Anyone else seeing this with the NCAA Basketball app?

2. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    I'm seeing the same thing with weber state.

3. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    I thought this was a DirecTv authored app. Not sure if there is something in the "code" of the app that needs to be updated or what. It would just be nice if it would work correctly.

I also thought about deleting the app and then re-installing it to see if that would change anything. Might try that when I get home tonight.

4. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I haven't looked at this in a while.. but I tried to remove the NCAA Basketball app sometime over the summer and it wouldn't delete.

5. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    The same thing happened with the NHL app. At the start of the season, it had last years info. Then few days after the season started, it finally started showing current scores and info. So I don't think deleting and adding the app back will help. Whoever created the app, needs to fix the issue.

6. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Well, I guess I should give it a little more time to see if it starts updating. The season just started last week. Hopefully it will "kick in" soon.

7. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    One other thing that you can try. Log into the online TV App's and use the "Report A Problem" feature. Here is the [link] to the TV Apps page, use your DIRECTV log in to access it. Then click on the app you are having trouble with and select the link to report it. I did it for an App last year and had several others do it as well. Then the error was fixed. Below are a couple screens shots of it.

Attached Files:

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Wasn't updated last night. But it appears to be fine now.

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    I see, at precisely 2:33:01 PM PST on Monday, November 14, 2011, a listing of upcoming games in the top 25. #4 Conn. is first listed. But no scores.

So, I've just loaded the NCAA BB app, and see a schedule for a team I like, and standings, but no score. OTOH, I am brand new to that app, so don't know if I am looking in the right place.

10. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Yep, mine appears to be working now also.

11. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Working fine for the CSU Rams. :D

12. Crystal Pepsi Ball

Crystal Pepsi Ball Godfather

Jun 29, 2004
    West Valley...
    Working for the Missouri Tigers now.