1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Contour Maps

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by gbranch, Apr 21, 2004.

1. gbranch

gbranch Legend

Mar 7, 2003
    There used to be at least 2 sources on the net for Contour maps - 100000watts.com and ardman.net. 100000watts has gone subscription, and ardman doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Is there still any free access to contour maps on the net? TIA.

2. Un-luck

Un-luck Guest

try wayback.org ( i think) it lets you look at old websites..or do a search on wayback machine

3. gbranch

gbranch Legend

Mar 7, 2003
    Contour maps found!

Looks like the old CDBSCGI database that used to be on Ardman.net can now be found at http://www.bsexton.com.

4. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    Not sure what you mean by "TV contour maps" in the title of this thread, but you can
    view contour / topography maps at http://www.topozone.com.

5. jimisham

jimisham Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    gbranch is asking about the contour maps that show Grade A and Grade B coverage areas for TV stations.

6. RaceTrack

RaceTrack Cool Member

Jun 11, 2004

I just tryed www.bsexton.com and it doesnt work, so I have no idea where to find it.

7. gbranch

gbranch Legend

Mar 7, 2003
    It's working for me as of 11 June, 10:30 PM CDT.

8. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Getting to the entry form at this site worked fine. But any query I try returns "Page Not Found".

9. RaceTrack

RaceTrack Cool Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Yea, same here.

10. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Ditto

11. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    A couple of questions, please. Being some 60-70 miles from both Jacksonville and Savannah, I get no usable OTA signal from any broadcast affiliate of ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX. I would like to get CBS-HD from E*, even if I have to "move" to do it.

1.How can I locate and identify a suitable "white area to which I can "move"?
    2. What is the technical and/or regulatory difference between a "grade B" signal contour, and a "white" area?

Any ideas or suggestions on "moving" to qualify for CBS-HD would be appreciated.

tia

12. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Nick.... I'll "rent" you the apartment attached to my house in zip 32963. No smoking though in the apartment. :lol:

13. oljim

oljim Godfather

Aug 6, 2002
    Nick what ant are you working with? I am 40 miles north of Sav and get both Sav and Jax HD. The Sav stations CBS and NBC suck. CBS has bad audio/video sync problem and NBC is mono. ABC is not on yet and FOX is low power Go for the Jax stations. No way you will get CBSHD from E