1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV hooked up to Little Joey Blacking out

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by frisbeguy4, Apr 3, 2013.

1. frisbeguy4

frisbeguy4 New Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I have recently had Dish Network hook up a Hopper with Sling and two Joeys, one for the bedroom and one for the kitchen. After about 10 to 20 minutes the tv blacks out with no sound or picture. Dish techs. have replace the line from the dish to the switch on the house, replaced the LNB, replaced the cable from the hopper to the switch outside, replaced the hopper and the two joeys. We thought it was the ethernet cable, so we unplugged the cable. All of this has been done and I am still having "Blackout Issues" Any suggestions other than not having DishNetwork? :(

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    the forum is full of info about issues ... seems to me your J has old problem - overheating.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Is it a Joey blacking out? Is it just the one Joey and not the other? Have you tried moving the Joeys (swapping their locations) to see if the problem follows the Joey?

It is possible to have overheating issues, depending on where you have it installed... but there may be other factors at work too.

4. frisbeguy4

frisbeguy4 New Member

Apr 3, 2013
    It is possible that my router had to be reset and a new ethernet cable installed. I spent the afternoon working with the Belkin Technicians and Dish Network Technicians on the telephone. Maybe it is going to working.

5. jerry downing

jerry downing Godfather

Mar 7, 2004
    Illinois
    If it is caused by overheating, I have seen that mounting the Joey vertically on it's stand makes it run much cooler than having it lie horizontally.