1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Silesia ???

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by zyrafa7, Nov 14, 2010.

1. zyrafa7

zyrafa7 AllStar

Jul 19, 2007
    What happened to TV Silesia? I just tried to order it and the customer service representative told me that it is no longer for sale and that whoever has it will continue to have it and that it is not accepting new customers. This sounds pretty fishy to me. I checked Dish Network's web site and nothing can be found. Looks like they removed it. Does anyone know why? This channel is great in that they offer sports from Poland. Any clue? Dish Network does not seem to have an answer. :nono2:

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Try a google search.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Both channels were removed from DISH Network on July 21st, 2010, at 3:06pm ET.

Uplinks Removed
    756 RDSLZ Radio Silesia removed from 118° TP 22 (Audio Hidden)
    757 TVSLZ TV Silesia removed from 118° TP 22 (SD Hidden)
    Uplink Activity

4. zyrafa7

zyrafa7 AllStar

Jul 19, 2007
    I did a google search and came up with nothing. Saw the uplink too....

Does anyone know why they did this? Just curious....that was a good channel :(

5. jerry downing

jerry downing Godfather

Mar 7, 2004
    Illinois
    E-Mail Dish. May be they will provide some info.

6. zyrafa7

zyrafa7 AllStar

Jul 19, 2007
    I did that with no response.

7. euro_boy

euro_boy AllStar

Jun 20, 2005
    My guess is that there was some kind of a dispute between Dish and the content provider. Dish is notorious for playing hardball, especially with channels they have (or want to have) monopoly rights for resale.

8. Andy74

Andy74 Mentor

Nov 25, 2005
    Same thing happened with Polvision few years ago. Dish wanted to be exclusive provider, Polvision did not agree. Polvision is no longer on DN...

9. euro_boy

euro_boy AllStar

Jun 20, 2005
    It was actually TV Polonia.

10. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    I don't speak Polish, but I used the Google translator. It looks like they have a set top box that can get it: See http://www.tvsilesia.com/

Maybe one of the FTA gurus can let you know if it is available on FTA satellite?

11. TwoPhases

TwoPhases Legend

Jul 20, 2010
    Dish plays hardball again.

12. zyrafa7

zyrafa7 AllStar

Jul 19, 2007
    I guess you are right. Hardball again. Unfortunately, the customer loses. Dish never responded to my email by the way as to what happened and whether this channel would come back.

13. Chasjonk

Chasjonk New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    If you are still interested in TV Silesia it is available thru Mega24TV, the site is in Polish only however.