1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV2 not working after using wrong RCA plugs for TV1

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by obfuscate, Jul 19, 2011.

1. obfuscate

obfuscate New Member

Feb 3, 2011
    TV1 set died so we put in a regular TV with RCA plugs. The dead TV was connected through HDMI cables, I believe. She didn't unplug any other wires and didn't change anything with the receiver.

I tried to view TV2 today and I am getting shared view. So I check it out and see she plugged into TV2 RCA. I unplug RCA and put under TV1, unplug dead tv cables and turn off shared view. So TV1 is working just as before.

TV2 displays logo and "Shared view is currently disabled". So what did the receiver do with all this tv swapping? Not sure what the settings should be or how they changed just by using RCA plugs.

2. obfuscate

obfuscate New Member

Feb 3, 2011
    DUAL MODE! Which is a button on the front of the receiver.

See what vacation brain does to you? We are all worn out from our vacation and arrived late and tired to a broken tv. One of us accidentally turned it to Single Mode.

3. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    No worries! Glad you got it up and running and hope you have an awesome vacation! :)

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Sounds like dual mode is what you really want... but when you disabled "shared view" that is what killed TV2 in single mode. In single mode you have to have "shared view" enabled to connect different TVs like you were doing.