1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV2 Remote Control Features

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jim148, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I have started using my remote controls on a 3rd and 4th set and am using 2 different modulated channels to the remote TVs. When I select the channel that is carrying the content from TV1 is there any way to use that remote control to select channels or will that only function on TV2s content?

2. saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    There is a way to make the TV2 remote control TV1, but it involves changing out the blue #2 key or moving a switch inside the battery area with a toothpick. It would be a little cumbersome to keep changing back and forth between TV1 & TV2. The best thing to do is get a separate UHF PRO 6.2 or 6.3 remote with the proper green #1 key and use that one to change TV1 and leave the current TV2 remote to control TV2.

3. chickmag

chickmag Cool Member

Jun 12, 2006
    i think jim148's question has a slightly different tack:

isn't he trying to change channels on tv1 tuner from a remote room? (non line-of-sight so ir won't work)

i have same question for my newly installed 722.

4. saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    Yes - that's what I understood. That's why I said purchase a second UHF remote (must be a 6.2 or 6.3) and get the proper green #1 key to replace the blue #2 key. TV1 can be made to accept UHF in addition to IR.

5. chickmag

chickmag Cool Member

Jun 12, 2006
    uh, ok! so the green/blue keys actually correspond to switching between the tv tuners as opposed to switching the remote to/from ir/uhf.

got it - thanks!

6. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Thank you for the replies. If I were good at doing modifications I would add a switch on the remote for:

-TV1

-TV2

That would be handy rather than having to use two remotes or a toothpick to switch between TV1 and TV2. Until recently I only sent content out to the TV2, but recently I started modulating the TV1 content on a second channel. I do enjoy the versatility of the 622/722 and having the ability to switch from TV1 to TV2 on a single remote would add to the versatility from my perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.