Two Error Codes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JohnTSmith, Jan 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith Legend

Dec 5, 2009
    New HR23-700 installed Dec 2009

Today, it had error 14-241 on the screen when I turned on the TV

I restarted, both by controller and the red button, and it stops with error 15-491

Is there anything I can do... or just call DTV for a replacement?

Thanks, John

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  3. JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith Legend

Dec 5, 2009
    Oh well... both 14 and 15 codes say "replace receiver" so I guess I'll call DTV

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Hard drive is toast. Call DirecTV to request a replacement DVR. It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation. Otherwise ~$20 for shipping. Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.

5. JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith Legend

Dec 5, 2009
    Called DTV and "new" unit will be here Tuesday... no help needed (I did all the wiring while house was being built, and have been with DTV since 1995, so know how to take things apart and put them back together again) so now it's just a bother having to get everything reactivated and my remote connection configured again

Oh well, at least I didn't have much saved on that unit

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Sounds like the best case scenario.

7. JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith Legend

Dec 5, 2009
    This particular unit (one of 2 HD in the house) is in our movie room, so I had a "few" (half dozen or so) movies recorded, plus the "Top Shot" series that doesn't interest my wife

A few movies, plus an occasional program we wanted to watch "live" on the big screen, are along with a BD/DVD player and Netfllix streaming

I had actually thought about just asking for a regular HD receiver... but since the mirror fee is the same, I'll replace one HD DVR with another