1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Hoppers/no Joeys is not supported???

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by billcg, Jul 29, 2012.

1. billcg

billcg Mentor

Apr 2, 2006
    I have two HD TV's and two receivers (922 & 722). I asked for two Hoppers and no joeys because I need more than 3 tuners (I have 4 + 3 OTA now).

I am bring this up now because the Hoppers can "talk" to each other with the recent software release.

I guess that the monthly cost is about the same as 1 hopper and 1 joey. I am getting s flat NO. Is that the FINAL answer???

2. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    Not a problem for me. Have 2 and no Joey. Same price, why have a Joey? Ok.. Kinda of a lie. I got a second Hopper as DISH replaced 3 Joeys and I asked to have my system changed back so that I could use 2, 722's. They offered me a second Hopper @ no cost and no extra monthly fee. So NO is not the final answer as it can be done.

3. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Try a dealer, or contact a DIRT team member.

4. Gone2Maui

Gone2Maui AllStar

Nov 23, 2005
    I was trying to get two Hoppers through my phone company reseller as a new DISH customer. The first Hopper and three Joeys were free but when I asked fro two Hoppers and two Joeys I was told that it would cost me $199 for the second Hopper. I was looking for something cheaper than that.

Any ideas?

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    see a post above your

6. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    I think that is standard new customer pricing. New customers get hopper and 3 joeys free, second hopper is $199. Existing customers pay $99 for first hopper & 3 joeys and $99 for second hopper. That was the deal a while back anyway. It is very expensive equipment and they are subsidising it quite a bit. Still a great deal.