Two HR44-700's on Same Account

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SkyKing4AR2, Oct 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SkyKing4AR2

SkyKing4AR2 New Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I have a motorhome with SWM dish and a home installation with SWM dish.

Originally, I had a regular receiver in the coach and replaced it with the SWM and a Genie. When we parked the coach for any period, we would move the HR44 to the house, no problem. In the house, however, we do not install the Genie remotes.

It's a pain to keep swapping back and forth because of the way the HR44 is mounted in the coach, so I ordered a second HR44 just for the coach and it would not connect to the Genie remote nor would it record. The installer had it activated and I just assumed it was some issue with the Genie remote.

I spent a day on the phone with seven Directv reps and three supervisors and none could get me to a tech to discus the problem and confirm my installation technically. When I called the installer, he said you are not allowed to have two primary receivers on the same account. Now, when I ordered the receiver and fully explained what I was doing, the representative said she was very clear what I was doing and never mentioned an issue. All of this is in a recorded chat.

Given this particular problem, and the fact that I just want to have two HR44-700 receivers that don't need to be moved, would anyone have a configuration that would resolve this problem for me? Or can we just not play the game in this configuration?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Kim

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    DirecTV won't activate two Genie DVRs on the same account. But you can get a regular HD DVR (e.g. HR24) that you could move between your home and RV.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I think the point was to not have to R&R the HR44 from the RV. Putting a HR24 in the unwheeled home would avoid running afoul of the long-held single-Genie policy.

4. SkyKing4AR2

SkyKing4AR2 New Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I actually have an HR24 now, in addition to the two HR44's. I just wish the account rep and subsequent contacts would have figured all of this out when I asked them the question. Appreciate the confirmation!

5. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I'm surprised they even sent you a second Genie.

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Given recently reported events, I'm surprised you're surprised.

7. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You could (at some cost of course) have a separate RV account, and then you could have an HR44 on that account, and an HR44 on your home account. You could also suspend the account not being used (not sure of the limitations on this) to help control costs. It does not sound like the amount of RV use you have would justify doing that.