1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two questions for the experts.

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by surfinguru, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfinguru

surfinguru Mentor

Jun 16, 2006
    1) Does anyone know when/if there are plans for access to the ext. usb drive via tuner 2? The wife and I like to catch on our viewing before bed and it's a chore to transfer content back and forth. (The 622 is in the family room)

2) Can someone explain what the "Ext" option is when creating timers? I thought is was to record directly to the USB drive, but apparently not.

Thanks!

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    As far as I know there has not been any announcement that Dish will support the EHD access from TV2. It may come, but we don't know for sure.

The EXT recording option when you setup a timer is to record to a PocketDish device only. It does not record to the EHD.

3. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    If you are a either or situation in terms of watching TV in the family room then I would suggest keeping your 622/722 in single mode and just accessing the TV1 channel on your home distribution. That way you will be able to view your USB. If not then you either have to restore the show to see it on TV2 or watch it in the family room.

As for plans for TV2, Chuck is right there has been no announcement made if they will add TV2 feature.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I could be wrong but I think you could also use the EXT recording option in conjunction with a VCR or DVD-burner connected through the audio/video ports. I've never tried, but I thought I had heard of folks doing that as well.

But Chuck is right about the Pocketdish use of that option too.

As for external hard drive access from TV2, I've posted before that I always figured it would be a nightmare to try and figure out how to decide who gets control. Kind of like why you have to go up to the front panel to switch from single to dual and vice-versa, to make it more difficult since having that feature on the remote could cause a user war between the remotes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.