ugh billss/patriots???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Maleman, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    I have ST and my local guide shows the Bills/Patriots game BUT the Houston game is airing. :rolleyes:

Thus when I click on Bills/Patriots on STchannels it switches to my local station.

Ugh

Whats up with that? Why doesn't Directv flip the switch or something??

2. bmac

bmac Cool Member

Mar 6, 2010
    same here, that is bs, i blame KIRO for changing games last minute

3. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Directv must have the ability to flip a switch? I am sure this happened last weeks Steeler game or maybe a few weeks ago.

Grrrr

4. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Wow I called tech support to make them aware of the situation. What a process. *sigh* it took about 10-15 minutes for them to record the issue and send it to engineering.

I am not sure what happens at engineering dept in regards to ST but you wouldn't think it takes much to open up the channel ST.

I will follow up if its not rectified.

5. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Fixed :) thank you directv for your prompt service.

6. bmac

bmac Cool Member

Mar 6, 2010
    wow, pretty amazing, thanks

7. BigSey

BigSey DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Yeah, KIRO messed that one up. I had to miss the first hour of the game so I tried to record it. Although the guide said Pats-Bills on CBS, I was pretty sure that was wrong so I also recorded the ST channel. What did I get? A nice recording of Texans-Titans on CBS and then 1 second of black screen and a keep or delete notice on the ST channel. That sure sucked although all I really missed were 21 points by Buffalo so I guess it wasn't too bad.

8. ChipW

ChipW New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Actually, KIRO didn't screw this up. They had the Houston-Tennessee game listed on their website several days before the game aired. And the distribution map that is linked in the Sunday Ticket Weekly Channel post also indicated that KIRO was airing Houston-Tennessee (and under the update section it shows that KIRO originally was airing Jets-Miami). It was whoever was responsible for providing that guide data to Directv who screwed up.

Here is the distribution map link showing what was scheduled: http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk17.html