Ughh - "My Team" recording misses Yankee season opener!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tivoreno, Mar 29, 2018.

1. tivoreno

tivoreno AllStar

Jul 26, 2006
    Ya, I'm mad...

No changes to the setting since last season. Tuned in to see nothing in the recording list, only the 15 minute pre-game show. Game showed as recording in the "My Team" list. Checked the channel it was supposed to record on (631) and tuned in to the middle of the 9th. Was this POS somehow trying to record on the MLB 700 channel?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    If it was trying to record from the MLB channels, it would have recorded.

Free preview today through April 5th on the MLB channels (721-749).

3. boukengreen

boukengreen Legend

Sep 22, 2009
    Is there a way to dictate what channel records if you subscribe to an out of market team rather then just automatically recording the home team

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    My HR44 recorded the pre-game show and missed the game. I have the Yankee games set up the same way you do but I don't trust the DVRs and always back up every show I really want to see, which at this time is only the Yankee games. I had the game recording on two 24s and didn't miss a moment. Paranoia is handy at times.

Rich

tivoreno likes this.
  5. tivoreno

tivoreno AllStar

Jul 26, 2006
    Interesting...The HR44 is all I have for recording D*. I really hope this was a one-time thing. Really not liking this beta phase of their new software.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yankee games are far too important for me to take a chance on a DVR crapping out. You have to take my opinions on electronics with a grain of salt, I have little luck with such devices. I gotta back up the games.

Rich

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I don't trust my 44 to make the right choice of what to record. It's nearly always correct but it makes a poor decision enough times to worry me. Damn shame, it's a wonderful DVR with software that leaves a lot to be desired.

Rich

8. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Active Member

Dec 4, 2017
    In related news, didn't the 4K feed of Yanks-BJ's totally suck last night? It was flat, colorless and dull. Since no one else is complaining I have to assume it was only me, but the recent NHL and NBA games looked good as usual. Hopefully the Astros-Rangers will look better today, then I can assume it was the Toronto regional sports channel that sucks.

9. MJs

MJs Mentor

Nov 15, 2006
    No, it did look horrible..

10. Duke Sweden

Dec 4, 2017
    Thanks for confirming. Astros-Rangers looks great although it started off weird with two camera feeds overlaying each other and massive pixelation but once they got it straightened out it looks great.

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Icon

Nov 14, 2006
    was blacked out for me :(

I didn't think the Astros-Rangers looked that great. Sort of like enhanced HD rather than full blown 4k. Looking forward to see what they've done with the Masters this weekend.

12. Duke Sweden

Dec 4, 2017
    It looked a lot better than the Yanks-BJ's. And I figured out why the Yankee game looked so bad. It wasn't the Blue Jays 4K feed, it was poorly upconverted YES broadcast. They even included the commercials which up til now I've never seen between innings/quarters/periods. Come on, Directv, don't blow smoke up our asses!!

13. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Maybe they had some technical difficulties bringing the 4K feed in, but had to show something since people might have set that channel to record.

14. Duke Sweden

Dec 4, 2017
    NONSENSE!!!! :eek:

15. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I've complained about this for as long as the feature has been around and the answer is no. Drives me nuts that I get the visiting team's announcers so I just give up.

16. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    My HR44 totally missed the Giants game and it also stopped recording the Predators NHL games. Just out of the blue - bam.

17. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    How can something be a "wonderful DVR with softward that leaves a lot to be desired"? Isn't the software pretty much the DVR? ha ha

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, if you use a 44 you never know what channel is going to be recorded for a game. My 44 usually records YES, which is what I want, but I can't trust it. I use a couple 24s to back up the 44 for each game. Games just not the same without the YES announcers.

Rich

19. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Almost like it's deliberate, isn't it? I try to check my 44 every Sunday but sometimes I forget and that's when it happens.

Rich

20. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    No. The hardware seems to be fine. It's always the software that screws things up. I've had a lot of DVRs, none as good as my 44.

Rich