ultimate tv and slimline dish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mdaigt, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdaigt

mdaigt New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I just had the 5lnb slimline installed. Getting all the channels with the h20, but my UltimateTV Receiver doesn't receive any signal. Went through set up, was wondering if it is because no 5lnb dish on choices is the reason. Tried 3lnb setup to no avail. Was wondering if I should cancel my service for this receiver. Thanks in advance.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Your UTV Receiver should work fine with the 5-LNB dish. Just select "3-LNB" option. You might try swapping the H20 and the UTV to see if the line feeding the UTV's room is good, or perhaps the UTV's tuners have failed.

3. Chardo

Chardo AllStar

Apr 11, 2002
    So my UTV receivers will still work (on my SD sets) if I upgrade to HD (with new HD receivers and dish)?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yes. Your UTV DVRs will work fine with the new dish and any new HD Receivers. You might need an upgraded multiswitch depending upon how many total DVRs you have (two lines for each DVR). DirecTV will provide the new dish for free when you buy your new HiDef Receivers/DVRs, including a new multiswitch.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    On the other hand, this is a fairly old receiver so there's no guarantee that it's in complete working order. That could be your issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.