Unable To Login To Account

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mjd180, Mar 21, 2016.

1. mjd180

mjd180 Cool Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Just had it verified by an ATT tech rep that Directv is having database issues, as neither he nor I can log in to my account at the moment. He asked me to please wait 24 hours. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

Anybody else currently affected?

1 person likes this.
  2. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Yes. I did. Got to how much I owed but not much anything else. I wonder if they are messing around and trying to have one login to ATT and Directv.

3. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I had no trouble about twenty minutes ago.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I just went through various pages on my account. No problems.

to the TS: Do you also have an AT&T account?

5. mjd180

mjd180 Cool Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Only in as much that AT&T taking over Directv's tech support forums a few months ago caused me (like many) to have to re-register my account under AT&T's portal (their only affiliation with me is through the Directv.acquisition). The reason I mentioned an AT&T tech rep telling me this instead of Directv is because AT&T has a specific phone number related to web login issues (and even a further, more specific, option for Directv online accounts) - that, and the fact that they're both one entity now anyway. I'm not one of those who have been bashing AT&T here (still am not). However, I think it's pretty obvious that corporate "synergy" is the cause of this situation (if you want to change your Directv account credentials now, it makes you go to/through AT&T's portal - and I believe that's a brand new development)...

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    OK. I only have DIRECTV and haven't changed my login recently so haven't run into this issue. And I would prefer to hold out as long as I can.

7. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    Could this be the start of AT&T merging the two web sites into one?

8. onan38

onan38 Legend

Jul 17, 2008
    Same here.Can't login to my directv account.I have had the same user name and password for awhile directv login kept giving me a error at the top of the page that my login didn't match or something like that.So i clicked the att problems logging in link it took me to At&t so i changed my password for my Directv account and it still won't let me login keeps giving me a error message.I also have Uverse internet but My Directv and Uverse accounts are separate.I probably locked my account it said something about account locked after 7 attempts,Guess i need to call Directv to get it unlocked.

9. mjd180

mjd180 Cool Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Actually, you may not have locked it at all. I have the exact same issue you describe, and attempted the same remedy, but still get that screen about credentials not matching the records. I have talked to reps now from both entities who have assured me that it is not reading as "locked" on their computer, but I still can't get in (and neither can they - I think our attempts may not even be registering as attempted logins because of this issue). It is a really messed up situation that some, perhaps many, of us are in. But rest assured, I have the time on my hands to harass anyone/everyone I need to, and this will be resolved soon...

EDIT - they seem to have finally fixed mine (everybody's)? Go through the process again where it didn't work before (resetting the password, getting the link email to log in with the new temp password through the ATT portal, and setting up/confirming the new personalized password). However this time when you reach the screen that says click here to be auto logged in to your Directv account, and you do it, it finally does log you In (as opposed to kicking you back out to that non matching credentials screen)...

10. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I kept having problems with that because, after getting rid of my AT&T DSL service, I kept their email service. So, I had the same email address for both my AT&T and DirecTV accounts. My email password is completely different from any other password that I use and I want to keep it that way. In order to eliminate the problems that this caused, I ended up changing my DirecTV email to my work account, so the AT&T and DirecTV accounts are now completely separate from one another.

11. onan38

onan38 Legend

Jul 17, 2008
    Just went to Directv login still no go clicked the link to change my password again got the email with a temp number put the # in reset password screen came up changed password then followed the prompts back to the directv login page put info in still getting error.Guess i will call Directv in the morning to try and figure it out.

12. mjd180

mjd180 Cool Member

Dec 21, 2010
    That sucks.

Makes me wonder if mine only fixed itself because I kept bugging them?

13. mpoc1

mpoc1 Mentor

Dec 18, 2007
    I have same issue, could not log in on 3/23, spent 1.5 hours on chat and 1 hour on phone and they could not resolve at tier 2. They are to contact me when fixed and still have not. Only potential issue for me was a recently canceled ATT iPad cellular account that used same user ID.

14. slapshot1959

slapshot1959 Legend

Jan 24, 2006
    Same issue here, can't log in, have an old ATT wireless account and a current ATT digital life account. Spent an hour on the phone with a rep (Philippines? Where she asked numerous questions unrelated to trying to help me unlock my account), and countless tries where I finally gave up. I can't even log in to pay my bill, where unbeknownst to me they cancelled my paper bills, so I'm afraid to just send them a check in the mail with no statement. I will be calling in I guess for the payment, and cancelling the whole thing at the same time. I know this is part of trying to get the 2 companies synced up, but I will miss the old Directv, had already made up my mind to cancel a few months ago so it's not just because of this.21 years straight, never a break in service, till now. ATT sucks, but their wireless is good. I guess kind of like Comcast, they suck but their internet service I cant complain about much.

15. Crow159

Crow159 Member

May 23, 2007
    Same issue here that happens 2 to 3 times a month. I've never had an AT&T account.

Every time I call in they fix it, reset my account and tell me it won't happen again but it does. It's also affecting my ability to use GenieGo when I'm away from home. When the account locks up, on its own I might add, it now shuts down my ability to play downloaded content because it tries to sign in and that is locked up.

It really sucks and I wish someone could really fix it.