Unable to view recordings on DVR, but able to on external drive (also search issues)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mrbluesky, Oct 28, 2018.

1. mrbluesky

mrbluesky New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Starting this morning, I am unable to watch recordings on my DVR (Hopper w/sling and one Joey). When I select a recording, I get a message that says "No episodes available" and no error number. If I transfer the recording to my external hard drive, I can watch it with no problems. I have done front panel reset as well as unplugging/plugging.

Also, when I choose the search option, I usually see a list of popular searches before I type in the search term. When I do start typing in the search term, instead of a list of possible matches, I get a list of possible matching channel names.

What could be the problem?

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Pull the plug.

Count to 30.

Plug it back in.

3. mrbluesky

mrbluesky New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    As previously stated, I did that. The problem has resolved itself. I guess it was a software glitch that was fixed with the overnight update.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I think you mean - reboot, not an update.

5. mrbluesky

mrbluesky New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Whatever, Mr. Pedantic.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    huh?

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    "Overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching."

"Someone who was pedantic was simply a tutor or teacher. But some instructional pedants of the day must have been pompous and dull, because by the late 1500s pedant had gained an extended sense referring to anyone who was obnoxiously and tediously devoted to his or her own academic acumen."

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    it has nothing to do with mixing oil and water, eg REBOOT and UPDATE