Undocumented HD DVR Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by allenn, Jan 23, 2012.

1. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    Back in 2007 a DBSTALK member, Craig, created a document titled "Undocumented HD DVR PLUS Tips and Tricks". Has this document ever been updated for the HD-UI and the newer HD DVR's? There was some great stuff listed in the document. I got my copy out looking for 30SKIP and 30SLIP, but it pre-dates these enhancements. Have a great day!

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Really, the only undocumented features I know of are 30skip and Boolean searches. Drawing a blank trying to think of any others. Maybe clearing nvram, guide flush, the 963 remote reprogram.

During boot up receiver self test, press select to access more diagnostic tests. Debatable if that, nvram and guide flush are undocumented features or just diagnostics not in the manual (which I honestly haven't read.)

I found the original document, not sure my definition of undocumented is the same.

3. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Check out this thread in the DIRECTV Tips and Resources forum: Tips & Resources FAQ's and Important Links

There are really no other hidden tricks than already mentioned, but the above thread is the most up-to-date list of community-sourced information and you may find something useful...

4. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    The updates documents are here. 30skip/slip are in the trick play document. Enjoy!

5. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    Thanks, the information at the links will be very helpful. The information is more applicable to the current state of firmware and equipment. The network stuff is right on target. Best wishes!

6. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I am glad to hear the informations is helpful. The guys that worked on those did a great job.