1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up grade for RCA486RH Receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Crazy 1, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy 1

Crazy 1 Legend

Oct 20, 2002
    I just noticed that my receiver took a software download at 12:45a. New version 003A 0207. Any one know what this does ?

2. ddobson

ddobson Legend

Nov 25, 2003
    I haven't noticed that on mine yet. Mine has had the same software since I bought it almost 2 years ago.

I heard a rumor that new Interactive services, replacing WINK were debuting in October. Perhaps it has something to do with that. However I also heard that new receivers might be required due to the complexity of these new Interactive features.

I hope someone else knows the answer to this, I'm very very curious.

One last thought. I guess it could be as simples as new channel Icons as well, however I'm pretty sure they don't do version level for those icon changes.

3. ddobson

ddobson Legend

Nov 25, 2003
  4. jpurkey

jpurkey Godfather

May 15, 2003
    Will the 430's be getting the update too? Hopefully it'll fix the problem where the guide starts to lose data. After a reset the guide goes out for 3 1/2 days, but within a few days it then slowly drops back to just 1 day forcing me to reset it again.

5. TLW1959

TLW1959 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    I'd say you were lucky to get it and still have service on that receiver. I have the same receiver and all mine will do now is blink on and off...RCA or Directv doesn't have a solution at this point. They are aware that this is happening to the 486 and 435s..very frustrating

6. Crazy 1

Crazy 1 Legend

Oct 20, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, when mine was taking the update it had a message at the bottom of the screen that said do not unplug the receiver. You didn't have a power outage or someone unplug it during the download did you ? If so, I've heard that will kill your receiver. just a thought.

7. TLW1959

TLW1959 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Good news..RCA is shipping me a new receiver. The software upgrade destroyed the old one..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.