Update breaks MRV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Ualdayan, May 20, 2011.

1. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Mentor

Feb 5, 2008
    After the recent update (0x4a6) when I try to watch anything on another DVR I just get a little red circle with a white dash and the message 'This program can't be played because too many recordings are being watched from playlist.'

I've already tried restarting both receivers, restarting all networking equipment, and even unplugging and leaving them unplugged for a bit before plugging them back in. They all confirm internet access, and obviously are communicating with each other since they show each other's shows (just won't play them.)

Anybody else seeing this?

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Are you sure someone else wasn't already streaming a recording from the same DVR you were trying to access? The DVRs can only stream out to one external receiver/DVR at a time.

3. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Mentor

Feb 5, 2008
    Positive. There are only 2 receivers, and I'm the only one here right now.

4. kokishin

kokishin Godfather

Sep 30, 2006
    Silicon...
    Check and see if you have some recording in "resume" mode. If so, FF it to the end or delete it.

5. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Mentor

Feb 5, 2008
    Did a full factory reset (all recordings/settings/etc.). It's reloading guide data right now (Upcoming: To Be Announced), but it has some data already. It's still not allowing MRV though, still claims too many recordings are being watched from playlist with little red circle/white dashs next to each and everything recorded on the other receiver.

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I'd try to reset the network settings and do a fresh "connect now", to clear this glitch.

7. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Mentor

Feb 5, 2008
    I think I fixed it, I did the 02468 thing on both receivers, one reverted back to 0x457, the other to 0x459. I think both of those are older versions than the 0x4a6 they'd updated to on their own.

The old interface is back, that TVMail button is gone, and MRV is working again. Seems like for some reason my receivers went and updated to a bugged version all on their own that I guess has been pulled off the update server now?

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    You're going to get the update again. No way around that.

9. Jun 1, 2011 #9 of 13
    Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I'm seeing something similar with my HR22-100. I've had to RBR it 2x in the past few days because something is locking on to it and keeping it from streaming to the rest of my DVR's. I even went through my house and put everything in standby except for it and one other DVR and it still showed the circle with dash.

10. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I just posted a diag report in the main issues thread for the HD DVR's because I'm now seeing the issue with a second DVR in my house (an R22-200).

11. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    that are have mrv trouble using Cat5 (unsupported) or DECA? The reason I ask is because with that same load I was using unsupported MRV -and experienced the same thing-I change my router--and switch still had problems , I changed my System over to a Swm8 and Deca's +BBDeca (ordered off ebay) a long time ago( Lazy ) and my system has been much better than before I had this problem.

12. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I'm on the unsupported plan and all my DVR's are hard wired a Dell gig switch. I've been using this config since the MRV beta days and its' only after this latest update that I have started experiencing this issue.

13. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    I was a well, after changing out all my stuff- I installed the swim stuff I'd ordered and I'm back online now. It may not be because of the load?? But A few folks had posted trouble so I'd bailed- Not suggesting that the load is the cause but it does raise suspicion.
    I have two Hr22’s and one D10 & one h20 & h21 the swim 8 worked great put a band stop filter on the h20, ran the d10 off the legacy port and 4 receiver ports + one BBdcea off a swin 8 block. Got it all one e-bay for $50-smw8 3bbc&1bbdeca-

Hope you can get it straighted out-good luck :)