1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated LILs list from DirecTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Matt9876, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    Quote:pjsauter

Just saw this "breaking news" over at DTV:

Upcoming HD Local Market Launches

August: Augusta, GA.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Lincoln-Hastings, Neb.; Rochester, N.Y.

September: Baton Rouge, La.; Burlington Vt.-Plattsburgh, N.Y.; Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, Ill.; Mobile AL-Pensacola, Fla.; Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.; Richmond-Petersburg, Va. ; South Bend-Elkhart, Ind.; Syracuse, N.Y.; Youngstown, Ohio

October: Boise, Idaho; Charleston, S.C.; Colorado Springs-Pueblo, Colo.; Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo.; Davenport, Iowa-Rock Island, Ill., Moline, Ill.; Dayton, Ohio; Evansville, Ind.; Fort Smith, Ark.; Greenville-New Bern-Washington, N.C.; Harlingen-Brownsville, Texas; Little Rock-Pine Bluff, Ark.; Macon, Ga.; Norfolk-Newport News, Va.; Savannah, Ga.; Springfield-Holyoke, Mass.

November: Des Moines-Ames, Iowa; El Paso, Texas; Fort Wayne, Ind.; La Crosse-Eau Claire, Wis.; Peoria-Bloomington, Ill.; Rockford, Ill.; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Traverse City-Cadillac

December: Bangor, Maine; Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas; Butte-Bozeman, Mont.; Harrisonburg, Va.; Tallahassee, Fla.

This list has been confirmed.:)

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/moreInfoText.jsp?assetId=1620002

2. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Could someone explain to me again please, what exactly are LiL's? Please use as little "geek speak" as possible. :)

3. Ken984

Ken984 Active Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Bossier...
    LIL= Local into Local
    Your local channels beamed to DirecTV and then back to you from the satellite.

4. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Does that have anything to do with them being in HD? Sorry for my absolute stupidity.

5. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    Yes, this is the list of new cities that will have HD Locals provided by DirecTV through the satellite.

6. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Thank you very much to everyone. I appreciate it.

7. keithtd

keithtd Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    Mid Atlantic
    But not D* ability to meet it's advertised dates sayz DMA 42 (2006)!

8. Azalo

Azalo Legend

Oct 24, 2006
    I am surprised that they are publishing a list I got burned in 06 too (former resident of DMA 42)

9. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    I wish the OP had a link...I looked and didn't see a press release. But, it could be an internal memo also.

10. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
  11. markp

markp AllStar

Mar 4, 2004
    AMEN!

Rochester, NY in August!

Looking forward to it!

12. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    I don't know if I can wait until November for LaCrosse-Eau Claire. I hope these next several months go by very very fast.

13. Rakul

Rakul Slacker

Sep 3, 2007
    The only question is will Richmond be September 1 or September 30 :D

14. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    They only publish things when they actually are in position to deliver it. Otherwise, speculation is often the source of that kind of information.

Now we know for sure.

15. D*HR-20

D*HR-20 Legend

Jan 7, 2007
    In late 2006, they did have a list published saying that Norfolk-Newport News, VA would have HD locals by the end of the year. So, either your wait until we know for sure is a new policy or they screwed up 2 years ago and could be wrong again now. I won't believe any press release for when they will have my locals until I see them on my television, which will hopefully be in October or earlier. ;)

16. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    OK...you operate under the "don't believe everything you read" rule...:D

I can understand that.

In this case, however, I suspect there is more reason to see validity, as they have the means, the satellite operational, the satellite in place, and the transponders ready to go to deliver it. The only "not confirmed" is the signed station agreements, and that is something the public isn't privy to...

17. keithtd

keithtd Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    Mid Atlantic

Signed station agreements, done. The only holdout was LIN. So I have 1 question, why is the largest DMA without HD LIL's relegated to the 3rd month of rollouts and not the first?
    BS need not apply!

18. fwlogue

fwlogue Godfather

Dec 5, 2006

I agree I have received confirmation from all four of the major networks here ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox that they have agreements in place just waiting on Directv now. One of the LIN owned stations (NBC here) even had a message on there website about it a few weeks ago.

Originaly the excuse was no LIN agreement so you won't get anything. Then after D10 went up it was market share for Directv here. That has got to be BS because you can not go down a street here and not see Directv dishes up here with a lot of 5lnb dishes up as well. Then it went to spot beam problems on D10. Now that D11 is up I wonder what the excuse is for the delay even further that the largest DMA with HD locals has to wait even longer.

19. ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan Icon

May 19, 2003
    October? Seriously how hard is it to add them all within a couple weeks time?

Gonna be stuck watching NBC's Olyimpic coverage and half of college football's season in crappy SD
    :mad:

20. mjlthuston

mjlthuston AllStar

Jun 6, 2008
    I thought D* was going to do the Olympics in HD like they did the Masters??

EDIT: I just saw where D* is using VOD for the Olympics.