1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade for a day?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by terfmop, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terfmop

terfmop Legend

Sep 28, 2004
    I know there is a $5 transaction fee to add or remove programming. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade from top200 to top250 for just a day? I'd like to watch ESPNU on Saturday night, but don't necessarily want to keep the 250 package for the long term. If I called in the morning and upgraded to Top250 and then later on, downgraded to Top200 (after the game I want to watch is over), would they charge me $5 to upgrade and then $5 to downgrade? $10 would be worth it to me to catch the game I wanted to watch.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    YEP and NOPE, I am not aware of a charge to upgrade programing, there is a $5 charge for downgrading. I'm not sure if Dish will allow you to continually doing what you are suggesting. They may stop you from upgrading if they see the pattern.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Most likely you would just get hit with the $5 downgrade fee and a prorated charge for the number of days you are on AT250. You wouldn't want to do it every month.

4. iahawks550

iahawks550 Mentor

May 23, 2006
    They get half the cost of the months programming just from him downgrading again.

I don't think Dish would have any problem doing this.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I agree... with the $5 downgrade fee, Dish would likely let you do this until infinity as they would make lots of money that way. Hence the reason for the $5 downgrade fee to discourage just this kind of behavior.

In the "olden days" folks used to upgrade for a day or a weekend for pennies just to watch a program or two rather than keep the package for the entire month. Companies eventually got wise to this and put things in place to discourage it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.