1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to HD DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by moisheh, Dec 22, 2011.

1. moisheh

moisheh Cool Member

Nov 26, 2011
    If I call Directv and convince them I should get an HD dvr to replace my old SD rcvr. which model will they send me? Will it be used or refurbed or brand new. I want an HR24 but if I cannot get it for nada I will just buy one. Would they send a slimline dish or do they insist on an installer doing the job? Thanks

Moisheh

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It could be anything from HR20 to 24, refurb is likely. They won't let you self install the dish. To do that, you'd need to order everything from a reseller and do it yourself. This can guarantee a new HR24. Other option is to call a local business that does installs.

3. moisheh

moisheh Cool Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Thanks: I guess I will just bite the bullet and buy the HR24. I see where all the dealers sell them at almost the same price!

Moisheh

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Right, there is a standard price. Be aware though, unless you buy an owned one off someone, getting one new from a reseller is a lease with contract.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    That is the price to lease it, not own it.....