Upgraded to HR24, but lost RF Remote I need

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Lefky, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Lefky

Lefky AllStar

Jun 22, 2007
    My HR20 was dying so I was upgraded to HR24. I watch the TV mostly in my living room but I also run an HDMI cable upstairs to another TV in an exercise room. With my HR20 this worked well because it supported RF remotes, but with the HR24, I have no working remote in the exercise room because of it's lack of RF support. Does anyone have an easy/cheap solution to get both my upstairs and downstairs remotes working with my new HR24?

Thanks

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    The HR24 supports RF just like the HR20 did. You should be able to setup your HR24 remote to use RF just like you did your HR20.

3. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    HR24 is absolutely RF capable...if it isn't I have a haunted HR24 because I use RF...

4. Lefky

Lefky AllStar

Jun 22, 2007
    How do you set it up, I have HR24-200 and I do not see the option under Set-up Remote. All I see is the "Program Remote" option to have a remote control TV, DVD, etc.

Thanks

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Des Moines, IA
    You're going to have reprogram the RF remotes with last 6 digits of the new receiver, along with putting the new receiver into RF mode too.

6. Lefky

Lefky AllStar

Jun 22, 2007
    If someone has an HR24-200 or knows how to set RF up could give me the steps I would appreciate it. I just cannot figure out how using the set-up menu or manual.

7. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Use the RC65RX remote remote that comes with the HR24 and to get into RF mode you need to go into the ADVANCED section of the remote setup menus, then follow the instructions.

Once you get that remote set up press the - (lower left corner of the keypad) and copy down the 6 digit receiver number. The on the second remote press the MUTE and SELECT buttons at the same time, with the selector switch in the DirecTV position, and wait for the light to blink twice. Then enter 961, the light flashed twice again, and then press the CHANNEL UP button, light flashes twice again. Now enter the six digit number that you wrote down and press SELECT, you're now done, it should control the HR24 also.

8. Lefky

Lefky AllStar

Jun 22, 2007
    I figured out the issue, I had no advance menu option under remote set-up. I rebooted the receiver and it showed up. Strange....

Thanks and RF is working now.