1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading to protection plan premier

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dracocdm13, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dracocdm13

dracocdm13 New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    New to the forum and D* and had just a basic question. I have the hr34 and have seen the ps3 may be getting some form of the rvu tech soon in conjunction with the hr44 release. My question simply is if I were to upgrade my protection plan to the premier that covers other electronics would it also cover my game systems? I have checked terms and conditions but do not see game systems anywhere but they say devices used for D* are covered. Thanks in advance

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    :welcome_s...... Using DirecTV's website bring up the Premier Protection Plan page. Select "Product Registration". Click "Category" and select "Others". Below that you will see "Product", "Brand", and "Model Number" Fill in the information for your product.

3. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    I do not see game systems explicitly listed so no, I would not trust the PS3 to be covered until a change was made to the verbiage.

4. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    +1

Until the unit works with the HR34/HR44 it will not be listed. When it is RVU enabled, we'll have to see if D* changes the verbiage and includes the new device(s).

5. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd be willing to bet the consoles will never be added. With the number of failures of consoles compared to other electronics covered the cost would be disproportionately high to add them to the coverage. So it would possibly actually cost D* and/or their underwriter more and I don't see that happening.