Uplink Activity for the Week of 1-19-5 ....

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JohnH, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    KINO is now in Free preview at 61.5w, 148w and 121w.

RAI Radio is testing at 61.5w, 148w and 121w(598 and 729). Not available.

726 ProSieben(German) is testing at 121w. Not available.

7634 call sign change from WOKR to WHAM.

7858 WBMM testing at 105w. Not available.

7865 KSWOD Telemundo testing at 121w. Not available.

7923 WBIF testing at 121. Not available.

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    zzzzzzzz

3. geobernd

geobernd Mentor

Nov 4, 2004
    Sounds good - more German TV for me to watch :D

4. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Yeah I would like to see some more good German channels. I wonder when this one will actually be available and will it be packaged with the current "GermanTV" channel.

5. geobernd

geobernd Mentor

Nov 4, 2004
    I would expect it to be available very soon. Their original target was before end of January...
    Their website is: http://www.prosiebensat1welt.com/
    Gruss
    Bernd

6. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Thanks for the info John....

more ethnics.. Yam ;)

7. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Question for those of you you that can read German. What does the web site say about the Bundesliga?

8. Chris Walker

Chris Walker Legend

May 19, 2004
    Oh yay, just what I have been wanting, more foreign programming! :rolleyes: Who needs NFL Network and Ovation when you can have Polska TV? :rolleyes: The Feb 1 increase is drawing near Charlie, time to add legitimate channels or lose a bunch of angry customers. :mad:

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    No offense intended... but I see a lot of people asking for NFL Network, and I can't figure out why. What exactly is on it? I'm not too impressed with NBA TV that comes with the League Pass or America's Everything... and have been thinking NFL Network was an equivalent to that, except obviously for football.

Am I missing something that I don't know?

10. geobernd

geobernd Mentor

Nov 4, 2004
    They are broadcasting two Bundesliga Soccer games per week (with German narrations) during soccer season...

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I guess the check for New Abilities TV hasn't cleared yet.

JL

12. Marcyjok

Marcyjok Mentor

Dec 3, 2003
    in order to have 3 polish tv stations I pay $29.99/month plus $5 for service
    how much u can pay for ONE channel NFL NETWORK?

13. Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Actually this one did not catch my eye until I was looking in the EPG today!!

This is very strange, I have not heard of this before... Dish is uplinking a digital sub channel (KSWO is the local ABC, it is on 7-1, telemundo is 7-2 and weather is 7-3) without a corresponding analog channel!!!!

I wonder if they are really uplinking the digital feed or are they just mirroring the national telemundo.

If they are uplinking the digital feed have they done this before?

TNGtony is not going to be happy when a lowly market like #143 WF/Lawton gets a digital sub channel uplinked by dish when they do not carry his analog UPN!!!

14. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    there are a couple of digital subchannels uplinked

15. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Uplinked digital onlys include "ESBT", which is WSBT-DT 22.2 "UPN Michiana". (EPG Local Mapped as "30" which is WSBT's digital channel.)
    E* seems to be more flexible with SuperDish markets. :D

BTW: Stations are supposed to be making their final elections soon as to what their "after transition" channel number will be - their old NTSC channel or their new ATSC channel.

JL

16. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    What it is that Dish is willing to carry these digital sub-channels and cable-only services when they are owned by a major affiliate or a major station group. When it comes to a truly independent and unique TV station like.... ...okay you know what station I mean... They just **** all over them. I still find it ironic that the "little independent satellite company that made good" ignores the only few truly independently owned TV stations out there! Why? Because they can.

See ya
    Tony

---If anyone in the Cincinnati or Dayton DMA wants WBQC-CA 38, subscribe to DirecTV

17. angiecopus

angiecopus Legend

May 18, 2004
    i can pick up up wbqc by Attenna now, i live between cincinatti and dayton which before i could never get an upn station. doesn't come in clear but at least now we get a upn station.

18. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Why do people care so much for UPN stations? There isn't anything of interest to me. I never watch it.

19. Bobby94928

Bobby94928 Hall Of Fame

May 12, 2003
    For, a matter of interest is ENTERPRISE. Not everyone's cup of tea, but many of us like it.

20. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I watch Enterprise religiously. But there are other programs on my UPN affiliate that I want to watch!

See ya
    Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.