1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA Action channel coming to Dish Network?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by John Corn, May 16, 2002.

1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    USA Action Channel

2. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I have to wonder how long it will be before Trio and Newsworld International will be added to Dish Network now that both channels are owned by Vivendi Universal. With the seemingly picture perfect relationship that Dish and Vivendi have, you would think those channels would be up on Dish Network by the end of the year at the absolute latest. Might they be stalling because of trying to shuffle with locals and such? Charlie and Mr. Schwimmer can say it all they want, but I've seen and heard requests for Trio AND Newsworld. Hopefully, we get SEVEN channels by Vivendi at the end of the year. The 5 NEW ones they agreed to, and Trio and Newsworld. What are the chances?

3. DamonM

DamonM Cool Member

May 6, 2002
    Well, we can hope. I'm always open to new channels, even shopping ones as long as some regular channels are added from time to time, too. Maybe after the free preview is over...

I'm still itching for the rest of the HBO/Max, Showtime and Starz channels.

4. toomuchtv

toomuchtv Godfather

May 17, 2002
    The online listing grids from Yahoo & Gist already show Newsworld Int'l & The Health Network. Can we take this as a glimpse into the near future?

5. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    toomuchtv, welcome to DBSTalk, hope you enjoy the board. :righton:

6. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I REALLY want the Health Network, but Discovery Networks recently bought the channel so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it merges or is scrapped completely. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Has Discovery made any announcements about their plans for the Health Network?

7. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Newsworld and Health Net have been listed Yahoo! TV and various other online guides for some time now. Along with other channels which have been added like Style and Nick GAS. I havent heard nothing about The Health Networks future after Discovery bought it from News Corp. I think Discovery is going to merge the channels but maybe they will see how well they can operate 2 channels on the same topic. And consumers who have access to both channels have a choice on which one they want to watch but either way Discovery wins.