1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA HD by Monday night....wishfull thinking???????????

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Ressurrector, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ressurrector

Ressurrector Legend

Jan 1, 2008
    Here it is Friday night and its not there yet............. Is 2 days gonna make the magic difference??? And if it is a Monday night surprise wonder whose to REALLY thank?? Dish or Vince Mcmahyons bank roll????

We know there bandwidth is screwed till they get 3 more birds up and we all know that ain't happening anytime soon SO whats that leave?? have to trade something out................. Will they "trade" something for us a USA-HD channel OR are we to wait MONTHS till new birds hit the sky before we are given ANY new HD channels?? What do yall think??

2. gazzie4

gazzie4 Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    DTV has it, why not switch

3. Ressurrector

Ressurrector Legend

Jan 1, 2008
    You remember when the kindergarten teacher told you " If you don't have nothing good to say then don't say nothing at all" ?????

I don't recall the topic of this thread being "Dish doesn't have USAHD yet should I switch to Direct state your opinions "

Therefore your reply to this thread is irrelevant and utterly useless, much like your existence I imagine............

4. bartendress

bartendress Godfather

Oct 8, 2007
    Oh... SNAP!

I appreciate your logic... but... this is E*. Logic need not apply.

(I'll cross my fingers for you just the same.)

5. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I'll stay put, thanks. I have no intentions on getting on the HD see-saw ... today you're on top, tomorrow you're not. As long as I think E* has the better equipment, I'll stick around.

I do wonder though, how much money the switchers (in either direction) have to fork over everytime they jump ship? And how much leftover hardware is there? And do they end up with side-by-side D* & E* dishes when it's all over - or do they pay to have an installer come out and de-install/re-install?

6. bartendress

bartendress Godfather

Oct 8, 2007
    To some it seems a hobby like candle making or macramé...

7. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    :lol:

8. jacmyoung

jacmyoung Hall Of Fame

Sep 8, 2006
    When we had D* three years ago, the HDDVR would cost $800 to upgrade, Comcast came out with no cost HDDVR lease two years ago, we switched. A year later E* came out with $199 622 lease, and a lot more HD than anyone at the time, we switched and got a second 622 for free on lease. This time around we need a 3rd 622 but I could not get it unless I pay E* $550 no matter what I tried. So I waited until D*'s HDDVR price drop.

Our D* service will be installed tomorrow with the following, after an AAA member special:

$20/mo. off for the first year,
    $10/mo. off for the second year,
    One year free Showtime,
    Three months free all movies packs,
    $50 visa card with autopay,
    $50 cash card paying with American Express,
    $99 for the first HDDVR.

All 87 HDs we can have!

Now after this I intend to call D* to get free 2nd and 3rd HDDVRs or at as low cost as possible, but even if I have to buy two from Costco, it would be $340-$100 rebate at the most.

At the meantime we will have both E* and D* until I can switch completely over to D*. I have a feeling when I call E* to cancel they will offer me the 3rd hddvr free, but I will not be able to keep two services going, that's just too bad.

9. texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    WOW...this has gone completely off topic!

to answer your question Res....i think they still have room for a few, and i think USA, and Sci fi are going to get first bids when they add, but probably not until the beginning of FEB. when they start the new HD packs...but God only knows with E*

10. starcrossedpimp

starcrossedpimp Cool Member

Dec 2, 2006
    yeah i wouldnt hold your breath for USA HD on Monday,i guess ill have to wait till Friday to watch Smackdown in HD on my OTA.

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Sounds good to me. It is a much better answer than starting the 200th thread (exaggerated count - typical for HD) on the subject. It actually provides a response that would get you the channel and content you are demanding (although it is probably too late to get DirecTV installed by Monday Night).
    Let's not get personal. I don't want to have to spank anyone and give them a time out.

Math done in a couple of other threads shows space for at least 10 more channels. The transponders where Sci-Fi HD and USA HD are pointed certainly have space for those two channels.

Whatever is keeping these two channels off of the service isn't bandwidth.

BTW: While channels HAVE been activated on Mondays in the past, I would not expect that this time. Sorry Ressurrector (and others) for the brutal facts.

12. texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    yeah, i wasn't really expecting them this Monday...maybe a couple more weeks give or take.

13. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yes, well that is the mystery, isn't it. Presumably it is a technical problem. They need to fire the pr people issuing the pointless press releases and hire a techie who can flip the right switch.

14. rey_1178

rey_1178 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Florida
    i really don't think dish cares what channel is putting what program beginning on a certain date to put a channel in their lineup. i honestly think next month is when we'll see some additions.

15. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I hope you're right. It just seems a shame that they couldn't have added SciFi and USA when their popular shows started up again in January. But I have a feeling they tried.

16. kstevens

kstevens Icon

Mar 26, 2003
    Personally, I don't think this thread had anything to add in the first place.

Glor

17. Deke Rivers

Deke Rivers Legend

Jan 8, 2007

ditto...

18. booger

booger Legend

Oct 31, 2005
    CNN HD would be a nice addition as well. With politics in full swing. I watched it during one of the primaries and Wolfe told viewers that those watching in HD would see additional information on both sides of the screen.

It would have been nice.

Oh well.

How is USA HD? A lot of stretch-o-vision or what?

Thanks,

19. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    USA HD does not stretch, it's all OAR (same as SCI FI HD). And USA does have a lot of true HD.

20. booger

booger Legend

Oct 31, 2005
    That's good to hear. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.